Epic Bed Placement

AK Dreaming

I just upgraded from a Solo to a Balcony (little nervous about quarantines).  Just curious if anyone has been in cabin 14070?  Seems to be blocked in a corner?  Also, does the bump closer to the door on the deck plan mean the bed is by the balcony?  

Looking at the deck plans, I don't see a corner. 

Cabin: 14070 Detail Information:
Sub Category: BA
Cabin type: Balcony
Occupancy: 3
Located on deck: 14
The bed is located closer to the balcony door
There is a single sofa bed in this cabin
Cabin size: 151 square feet
Balcony size: 52 square feet
This cabin is located on the port side of the ship
This cabin connect to cabin: 14066

I loved my Epic balcony.  It is a family balcony so you are not far from the kid's club. The bed will pull out a bit from the wall so if it seems too short, just pull it away from under the headboard.

Oh, the light over the sink has a switch underneath it to turn it off. I had to call and ask!

1 hour ago, ColeThornton said:

If you have a choice to pick your cabin I wouldn't choose Deck 14.   Deck 15 is the public deck and can be noisy for cabins below.

I didn't get a choice.  If so, I usually go as low as possible.  I like being close to the clubs and shows.  Since it was upgrade they gave me a Guarantee and I just saw it was 14070.  Seems to be in a strange place.

1 hour ago, Zippeedee said:

Looking at the deck plans, I don't see a corner. 

Cabin: 14070 Detail Information:
Sub Category: BA
Cabin type: Balcony
Occupancy: 3
Located on deck: 14
The bed is located closer to the balcony door
There is a single sofa bed in this cabin
Cabin size: 151 square feet
Balcony size: 52 square feet
This cabin is located on the port side of the ship
This cabin connect to cabin: 14066

I loved my Epic balcony.  It is a family balcony so you are not far from the kid's club. The bed will pull out a bit from the wall so if it seems too short, just pull it away from under the headboard.

Oh, the light over the sink has a switch underneath it to turn it off. I had to call and ask!

Thank you.  I've done an aft balcony on the Epic and bed was closer to the door not the balcony.  It made using the sink pretty tight, so I was hoping the bed was by the balcony.  I'm solo so no kids, but I don't mind being by the kids club.  

3 hours ago, AK Dreaming said:

I just upgraded from a Solo to a Balcony (little nervous about quarantines).  Just curious if anyone has been in cabin 14070?  Seems to be blocked in a corner?  Also, does the bump closer to the door on the deck plan mean the bed is by the balcony?  

The room is tucked away on a private hall. Bed near balcony. 

we always book on the top passenger deck (under a public deck) and have never had any real problems with noise. Lot of people like to parrot post they have read with zero actual experience. We sail 4-6 times a year and a deck like the Epic Deck 14 is our deck of choice. 

Have a great cruise!