Ocean Cay Spa

EMc&DrS

I have not read any reviews of the spa on Ocean Cay.  Has anyone used it?  Is it as good as the spa on the ship?  Are the prices the same?  If you prepaid for a massage before the trip and then go to schedule the date/time of your massage once onboard, might they schedule that massage for the Ocean Cay spa?

6 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I am also very interested in this topic, and if you don't mind will add a few questions:

1) Are the massages outdoors on the beach or in a building?

2) If on the beach, are they in protective huts or on sand?

3) Is the area quiet?

I guess no one has used the OC Spa since no one replied to us! 😂

• Haha 1

I am also curious.

Last year for Valentine's my travelling partner and I purchased the spa package on the Seaside which included the salt room, ice room, massage for our wives.

We are looking to get something similar this year.  We plan on being on the ship for our stop in Costa Maya (Meraviglia) or are looking at Ocean Cay.

Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, hummer88 said:

I am also curious.

Last year for Valentine's my travelling partner and I purchased the spa package on the Seaside which included the salt room, ice room, massage for our wives.

We are looking to get something similar this year.  We plan on being on the ship for our stop in Costa Maya (Meraviglia) or are looking at Ocean Cay.

Any suggestions?

We loved all of those different rooms on Seaside (came free with Yacht Club).  Unfortunately, the Meraviglia spa area isn't nearly as nice or as big.

We spent the day on the adult only beach adjacent to the spa, and each time I went by it the women working there were sitting and chatting. If it's usually that lightly used, it may take some time to get feedback. It's in a lovely quiet location, though, away from the party beach near the buffet.  New age style music played softly, it was very peaceful.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

MJC: any photos? Youtube videos?

EMc: I am having a hard time locating definitive youtube videos of this area. I'm thinking we may just spend the day near here, but I can't figure out where 'here' is lol. Have you found anything you can link?

I do see on the MSC website that it looks like they treat the OC Spa as a totally different venue.  They list prices that are different from the pre-purchase prices for the onboard spa, and they claim you have to book spa services once you get on the island.

• Like 1

I know I saw a pretty comprehensive walking tour video somewhere on the MSC thread, I will see if I can hunt it down. I can't remember how much detail there was on the spa.

Here is the map, the area we are talking about is circled in red. That beach is called Paradise Sands, it is the adult-only beach. It is lined with a few cabanas, and the spa is in the same island style but slightly larger. It is a bit of a walk from the ship, but there is a tram that will take you down there. When you leave the ship, there are two trams. This route heads to the left and past the lighthouse, then past Sunset Beach. If you go straight out from the ship toward the shopping that is the wrong way.

oceancaymap_LI.thumb.jpg.006b0a1a53d60745f9290dc51049c67d.jpg

There are bathrooms, an outdoor shower, and water fountains. At the end of that point is the wedding chapel pavilion. The closest food is the food truck near the bar on Sunset Beach, a 2 minute walk or so. We carried our food back to the beach but there are also picnic tables near the food truck.

The spa is not like at a resort where there is a big separate building with the special pools and steam rooms.

• Thanks 1

IIRC this is the spa cabana. I have not seen the menu but I would guess that the treatment rooms are for massages, wraps, and facials... that kind of thing.

Ocean Cay

This thread has links to lots of photos, the OC ones are in pages toward the end.

Edited by MJC
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MJC said:

IIRC this is the spa cabana. I have not seen the menu but I would guess that the treatment rooms are for massages, wraps, and facials... that kind of thing.

Ocean Cay

This thread has links to lots of photos, the OC ones are in pages toward the end.

THANK YOU!

@MJCThank you so much! This is a great start. None of us mind walking and the island isn't that big (we just did an 8 mile loop on Friday night as part of my hiking club). It's nice to have the option of a tram though, because I do not like walking/carrying a bunch of stuff in the stifling heat.

@EMc&DrS looks like you will be there before us. We are a group of 8 ladies. I suspect we will hang out most entirely on the adult beach. At least we will start there. I love open air massages too! I'm counting on you to get some great pictures and share your opinion because we don't arrive until April 🙂

1 minute ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

@EMc&DrS looks like you will be there before us. We are a group of 8 ladies. I suspect we will hang out most entirely on the adult beach. At least we will start there. I love open air massages too! I'm counting on you to get some great pictures and share your opinion because we don't arrive until April 🙂

I will do my best!  I pre-purchased a massage for my wife, so that's what got me wondering if she could use it on Ocean Cay.  (We're only on a 3-day cruise this time, so not much time to waste!)  We do have access to the YC area, but are planning to explore the entire island once we finally get there.  We were supposed to stop at OC during our Meraviglia cruise back at Thanksgiving, but the opening was delayed, and ours was the last Mera sailing that had the OC stop canceled before they opened it during the sailing after ours.  Luckily, we were all given a substantial credit to use towards our next cruise, so we cashed it in on the 3-day Divina so we could finally get that stop at OC we had been looking forward to last time.

• Like 1

@EMc&DrSI think you will very much enjoy the Divina. I am curious if you enjoy her more than Meraviglia. Certainly the reviews for Divina are much more consistent. We loved Divina YC and thought one pool was worth the price of admission. Thank you for looking up Ocean Cay Spa for me! Any information is most greatly appreciated 🙂