Cruise Price Changes Due to Coronavirus?

SeaWatcher65

9 hours ago, MadManOfBethesda said:

$913 all in for two people for a 7-day cruise?  So roughly $130/night?

Oh, I can beat that, lol!

Come sail away with us on our 20-day cruise on Jade departing from Singapore on Feb. 27th.

Drum roll......

$461pp for an inside guarantee, so a total of $922.60 + $394.74 taxes, etc., for an all-in price of $1,317.32 for a three-week cruise.

Which works out to: $65/night  (32.50/night/pp all in)

Coronavirus bonus: possible upgrade to an unknown number of nights in quarantined status!  

Looks like the following Dubai to Rome is about the same price, lower probability of quarantine.  Will the extra days in quarantine mean extra Lattitudes points?

• Haha 1

An interesting development. I posted earlier about a price drop and call to upgrade to a balcony cabin from and OV for the same price because of price drop. Questioned why they didn't accept my upgrade bid before dropping prices.

With the new perks, have been snooping around on the ships site. Two days ago the only thing sold out on the sailing was the spa haven rooms. Today, all of the haven rooms except for the top two options are listed as sold out. Only thing that makes sense is that they either had a whole lot of people all of a sudden decide to take this cruise - right - or that they decided to take the upgrades while people still had them posted and get the cash. Very little for them to loose. Even if you add the initial cruise price with the upgrade bid still would be below posted prices in most cases.

Different topic. After upgrading I received the dining package and needed to call and cancel some of the dining I had booked. Noticed I had been given a new "color" for new state room and asked what that meant. I had moved into a gty balcony. She said that generally meant forward on decks 8, 9 and 10, but I could end up anywhere on the ship. The next day I had been assigned a mid-ship balcony cabin on deck 14.