Marina Oceania Suite 11080 - 11083

007Daniel

Hello,

I am new to CC. We have done several cruises the last few years on Oceania. However, the last one was not good at all as our penthouse suite was opposite of the service entrance with constant noise from the staff slamming the door. To avoid such an experience, may I kindly ask you for your advice.

We are considering to book the Oceania Suite 11080 or 11083. However, we do not know if the location just below the terrace restaurant might cause the same problem (constant noise).

Has anyone stayed at one of those suites.

Thank you very much!

Daniel

2 hours ago, 007Daniel said:

Hello,

I am new to CC. We have done several cruises the last few years on Oceania. However, the last one was not good at all as our penthouse suite was opposite of the service entrance with constant noise from the staff slamming the door. To avoid such an experience, may I kindly ask you for your advice.

We are considering to book the Oceania Suite 11080 or 11083. However, we do not know if the location just below the terrace restaurant might cause the same problem (constant noise).

Has anyone stayed at one of those suites.

Thank you very much!

Daniel

Based on your description of your issue with noise in the Penthouse, yes the noise level below the Terrace restaurant definitely would bother you in the aft Oceania Suites.

The noise is not constant, and they try to correct it quickly, but it is impossible to eliminate entirely because passengers often take it upon themselves to move (drag??) those heavy chairs as they arrive at the Terrace in different sized groupings.

Cb2o4l_GAHuHM4d5QAodOYcW4mAfrD1XrhDRj6GZ

I have to say that the noise from Terrace never bothered us and we've been in 11083 on Marina twice and 11080 on Riviera once.  Obviously we like the location!  I won't say that we NEVER heard any noise, but when we did it did not last long and wasn't super noisy.

Different strokes, I guess.

Mura

17 minutes ago, Mura said:

I have to say that the noise from Terrace never bothered us and we've been in 11083 on Marina twice and 11080 on Riviera once.  Obviously we like the location!  I won't say that we NEVER heard any noise, but when we did it did not last long and wasn't super noisy.

Different strokes, I guess.

Mura

Precisely my point, Mura. 

I don't think that you would have heard or been bothered by the service door slamming opposite the closed door of your penthouse, either.

I've mentioned this before but my hearing is rather acute and I've  had trouble with hearing people knocking AT my Penthouse door, even when I have purposely left that door ajar because I knew that they were coming-

Those Suites are beautifully soundproofed, but different people have different noise tolerance

You won't get an argument from me.  When we are near elevators we've never been bothered by noise but I see complaints on just that score frequently enough here to know that it DOES bother some.  Perhaps many.

On our first Renaissance cruise on the R2, now Regatta, we were opposite the laundry room.  I opened the door one day to find a virtual cocktail party going on in the hallway with about a dozen people waiting for their laundry to be done and chattering away quite loudly.  We never heard a thing until I opened the door.

Which is why it can be difficult to get an answer to questions like this ... is the food too spicy?  oh, what, it's too bland?

And so on ...

Mura

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

And then there are the two of us who prefer the Deck 11 suites.  These are our favorites on Marina/Riviera (never having been on the owner's suites but we have been in a couple of Vistas).

We never found that much noise so maybe we were just lucky.  On our first cruise in 11080 back when Marina was very new in service, we did hear a lot of noise when the engines geared up.  But we didn't notice that noise on later cruises ... either they changed policies or we just learned to ignore the noise ....

Mura

13 hours ago, SATaxman said:

Can you get outside from just the living room or the bedroom too?

11080 on Marina

Thanks

We have not sailed on marina yet, but have stayed many times in 11080 and 11083 on Riviera and I believe they are identical. The only deck access on Riviera is from the living room. There is a square window in the bedroom and a large round window in the bathroom. These two suites are our favorites!

enjoy!

k🛳

2 hours ago, GrammieK said:

We have not sailed on marina yet, but have stayed many times in 11080 and 11083 on Riviera and I believe they are identical. The only deck access on Riviera is from the living room. There is a square window in the bedroom and a large round window in the bathroom. These two suites are our favorites!

enjoy!

k🛳

Thanks. That is what it looked like from the videos I watched. Just confirming. Does the smaller bath include a shower, or is it just a 1/2 bath?