My Ecstasy Review-2/1/20-The Cruise That Almost Wasn't

GeorgiaMomof4

On 2/14/2020 at 11:39 AM, GeorgiaMomof4 said:

Now - here is the part we didn't know about.  She also informed us that there would be a

27% charge for each item that was purchased from the menu.  It was broken down somehow -

15% for something (gratuity I believe) and the 12% who knows what that was for.  Well, as

Thanks for the info - we're there on 3/1 and will keep an eye out that we don't double tip!

On 2/20/2020 at 3:51 PM, marshhawk said:

georgiamomof4, glad you had a good time, and got to go o the cruise. my MIL has been sick for weeks,(she has had two surgeries within a week, and then put in a nursing home and SIL in hospital too, and now BIL is ill.  But MIL got to come home today.  it is too bad we live so far from them. they all need some TLC.

I know that I told you to watch for rocks at Princess Cay, but I guess it is because I am legally blind without my glasses, that I kept finding the rocks.. DH is blind in one eye, so you know we found most of them..LOL.  Glad you are home, and I hope your mom is doing OK.  Thanks for the review!  I was excited about the review regarding the Hilton.  I have always wanted to do that, but worried that DH would have a hard time getting there.  As long as he keeps going to the exercise classes at the senior center we joined, he should be alright to go!

Thanks for reading - Mom is hanging in there.  Dialysis days are really hard on her - doing 3 times a week and were hoping to cut that down to 2 a week but it isn’t promising looking yet.  Thank you for asking.

My DH has mobility issues as well and he did fine with the walk there.  You could always stop and rest if needed but it wasn’t a bad walk at all.  Not even bad that afternoon when it was warmer. 

4 hours ago, BULLOCK said:

Great review, did you attend any of the shows in the theatre,  if so, your thoughts,

We attended the first one - which was Motor City.  We have seen it several times but it was still good.  We didn’t go to the other one which was America Rocks I believe.  We’ve seen it before and it’s really good too.  

Some final thoughts -

I realized when I booked this cruise that the Ecstasy was far from a new ship.  That is ok for me -

we have grown found of the smaller ships even though they are all older.  A few cosmetic issues

aren't a big deal to us.

I will however say that the smell was a huge deterrent to me.  If I knew that they didn't get 

something done about that I would be very hesitant to book the Ecstasy again.  The smell was

very bad on embarkation day as well as several other days.  It seemed to be worse around the

atrium area and mid dining room area but I did smell it in other areas as well.  I have seen many

reviews that people complain about the smell on a ship and I have encountered it briefly on 

other ships when walking down a particular hall or being in a particular area but it has always

passed quickly.  This unfortunately was not the case with the Ecstasy.  Maybe they will address

it and find a solution.

We waited in basically no lines for anything.  There were no lines on Lido - maybe 3 or 4 minutes

for an omelet in the morning or a Guy's burger for lunch. There were always seats to be found on

Lido - either inside or outside.

Same held true for the shows - we never had an issue with getting a seat in the main lounge nor

in the aft lounge where the comedy shows were held.  I don't believe the ship was sailing completely

full so this could have been the reason for no lines.  Either way - that was a definite plus.

Our service was good everywhere we went - from our room steward to the lido to the MDR.  We had

no complaints there.

I was pleasantly surprised that this ship offered "Blockbuster Movies".  The movies showing while

we cruises were Ford vs. Ferrari and Fast and Furious Presents:  Hobbs & Shaw.  These movies were

shown in the Starlight lounge where the comedy shows were in the evenings.  Glen really wanted to

see Ford vs. Ferrari but unfortunately the movies were shown at strange times - 12:00 noon, 1:00 pm,

3:30 pm, 5:00 pm and one at 8:00 one evening.  I do miss the outdoor Dive In Movie experience that

the larger ships have.

I can't really think of anything else.  We did have a wonderful time - we really needed this time away

to get some rest and recharge.  

I do have the Fun Times and the Entertainment Schedule if anyone is interested.  If you have any

questions about anything I didn't touch on please feel free to ask.

I hope you enjoyed the review and thanks for following along.

Angela

Edited by GeorgiaMomof4
extra line
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, GeorgiaMomof4 said:

I do have the Fun Times and the Entertainment Schedule if anyone is interested.  If you have any

questions about anything I didn't touch on please feel free to ask.

We're sailing on the Ecstasy next week and would love to see the FTs and schedules. 

Thanks for all of this

• 1 month later...

Great review, thanks for taking the time writing it up!  My DH and I have a 4 day on Ecstasy this September (hopefully it won't be canceled) and I especially appreciate the "secret" way to access Serenity.  I hope your MIL keeps getting more healthy.  Where are you cruising with your kids?  Thanks again😃

On 4/13/2020 at 5:57 PM, ninjacat123 said:

Great review, thanks for taking the time writing it up!  My DH and I have a 4 day on Ecstasy this September (hopefully it won't be canceled) and I especially appreciate the "secret" way to access Serenity.  I hope your MIL keeps getting more healthy.  Where are you cruising with your kids?  Thanks again😃

Surely by September you'll be good!  I hope so!  It's actually my Mom - not my MIL and she is doing so much better!

Still living with us but getting around better and actually helping out with a few small household chores.  I'm keeping

my fingers crossed she will continue to improve and will be able to go back to her own home soon. 

We will be going on the Radiance for Thanksgiving (I hope).  Our ports are St. Maarten, St. Kitts, San Juan and Grand Turk.

Thanks for reading!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GeorgiaMomof4 said:

Surely by September you'll be good!  I hope so!  It's actually my Mom - not my MIL and she is doing so much better!

Still living with us but getting around better and actually helping out with a few small household chores.  I'm keeping

my fingers crossed she will continue to improve and will be able to go back to her own home soon. 

We will be going on the Radiance for Thanksgiving (I hope).  Our ports are St. Maarten, St. Kitts, San Juan and Grand Turk.

Thanks for reading!

Good to hear your mom is recovering!  Have you been to these ports before?

1 hour ago, GeorgiaMomof4 said:

We have been to all of them except St. Kitts.  That one will be a new one for us.

We went to St Kitts about 8 years ago.  Went to a beach club that had a 900 lb pig named Wilbert.  There were little monkeys there as well.  Wilbert went out in the ocean for a dip and I got a pic with him! Unfortunately Wilbert has passed. 

2020-04-28 (2).png

Edited by ninjacat123