New York to Caribbean temps?

rachiem

We are leaving from NY on the 26th Mch and heading down to San Juan as our first stop...

Does anyone know how long it will take for the temps to warm up at that time of year?

Will we be looking at one or two days sailing before we can pop our heads out of our duvets?

First timer to New York and cruising the Caribbean 🙂

8 minutes ago, rachiem said:

We are leaving from NY on the 26th Mch and heading down to San Juan as our first stop...

Does anyone know how long it will take for the temps to warm up at that time of year?

Will we be looking at one or two days sailing before we can pop our heads out of our duvets?

First timer to New York and cruising the Caribbean 🙂

Left out of NY to San Juan in Feb 2016, was warm enough to be pool side by the middle of the 2nd day

6 minutes ago, geegee1 said:

Left out of NY to San Juan in Feb 2016, was warm enough to be pool side by the middle of the 2nd day

Thank you for the quick reply. 
So the second day being after one night aboard? 
Just trying to gage how many cold weather clothes to take ...

Have sailed out of New York to Caribbean several times in March. And I agree with another posted, boarding day usually cold, 1 sea day chilly and 2nd sea day sit out on pool deck weather, sometimes warm enough for me to even get in the pool. By the way, we will be on the same sailing as you. Hope we all have a good time!

7 hours ago, Weluv2cruise2gether said:

Have sailed out of New York to Caribbean several times in March. And I agree with another posted, boarding day usually cold, 1 sea day chilly and 2nd sea day sit out on pool deck weather, sometimes warm enough for me to even get in the pool. By the way, we will be on the same sailing as you. Hope we all have a good time!

Thanks for the reply...

Just 6 weeks to go! Can't wait for some sunshine 🙂

I sailed out of NYC to the Southern Caribbean on Dec. 1 and it was snowing as we left port. I would say by the afternoon on the first full day, it was warm enough to be outside comfortably. By then we were off the coast of North Carolina. I remember distinctly because we had to return to Cape Hatteras that night to medically evacuate a passenger with an appendicitis.

1 hour ago, TSUmom said:

We will be sailing in April and I was wondering the same thing...Thank you

I went in early April last year and was freezing my butt off on deck as we sailed away. But everyone said YOU HAVE TO BE ON DECK to see the badass metal bridge and then the Statue of Liberty. Worth it.

It warmed up by the middle of day two. But I kinda hated it not just being WARM. Losing a couple days to cloudy/cold weather there and back at the same price I'd pay to leave Miami with beautiful weather is not something I'd do again.

We've sailed out of NYC seven times in March and each time it was cold on sail-away.  The next morning, when we woke up, it was still a little chilly, but by mid day it was nice and warm (mid 60's low 70's).  Coming back, it was sometimes chilly on that last sea day before docking in NYC.  

29 minutes ago, allyfrizzle said:

I went in early April last year and was freezing my butt off on deck as we sailed away. But everyone said YOU HAVE TO BE ON DECK to see the badass metal bridge and then the Statue of Liberty. Worth it.

It warmed up by the middle of day two. But I kinda hated it not just being WARM. Losing a couple days to cloudy/cold weather there and back at the same price I'd pay to leave Miami with beautiful weather is not something I'd do again.

We chose this cruise to see NY otherwise we also prefer Miami.  Guess I will plan on warmer clothes for a few days.  I plan on watching sailaway from my balcony if it is too cold.

29 minutes ago, TSUmom said:

We chose this cruise to see NY otherwise we also prefer Miami.  Guess I will plan on warmer clothes for a few days.  I plan on watching sailaway from my balcony if it is too cold.

The Observation Lounge on the Bliss is a good place for sail away if it's too cold. Or if you have Spa passes, you can do it in the Spa. That's what I did on my December sailing out of NYC.