Is Celebrity misleading customers regarding non-refundable deposits?

Stockjock

On 2/13/2020 at 9:45 PM, CHEZMARYLOU said:

If you look right above the white square you will see "discount savings double NRD" and an amount of the discount for booking with a non refundable deposit.

I have noticed some cruises will have a box on the left with NON  REFUNDABLE fares.  The box on the right has a higher price, but it is a REFUNDABLE fare.  Perhaps this happened?

On 2/25/2020 at 7:22 AM, Jim_Iain said:

In many ways I can see why Celebrity might be pushing NRD's.     Just look when new cruises are release, within hours or days all the upper suites are booked and they remain off the market sometimes for up to two years.   Many book multiple ones and hold all of them to make a decision closer to sail date.   Suddenly at final payment date many of these suites suddenly show up again.  

RCI had the same issue with people booking multiple suites and holding onto them until the last minute and now all suites are NRD when booking a Grand Suite and higher. I expect X will follow this policy soon.

If I cancel a cruise with non refundable rates and get the FCC. Do I have to cruise within one year or book within one year? I only cruise out of NJ so that limits my options for the time frame.

Laura