Internet on Zuiderdam

Rinderoo

I have done several cruises on the Eurodam and was recently on the Nieuw Statendam. Since I need to work, internet is important. What I had on the NS in December was great. 

Can anyone tell me if HAL has the unlimited internet fleet wide, like the NS? I can't be on a ship for 11 days without it. 

Thank you in advance!

The quality of the internet will depend in part on the location of the ship and the time of day.  We were on the Zuiderdam on the Voyage of the Vikings.  At times we were in the northern latitudes which can degrade satellite reception.  Some times we were in fjords which blocked line of sight to the satellite.  Finally, the heaviest use was during the day.  I had to upload some documents.  I would wait until late at night, after midnight, and we were in open ocean to get the best internet.  If you are in southern latitudes without mountains, then your only issue will be with other users.  

On 2/14/2020 at 5:20 AM, Rinderoo said:

I have done several cruises on the Eurodam and was recently on the Nieuw Statendam. Since I need to work, internet is important. What I had on the NS in December was great. 

Can anyone tell me if HAL has the unlimited internet fleet wide, like the NS? I can't be on a ship for 11 days without it. 

Thank you in advance!

We were on the Zuiderdam last spring for a transatlantic, the Baltic and Highlands.  We had the unlimited package for 40 days and it was pretty good in most places we were at.  It's much better than years ago! There were times it would slow down, but usually wasn't an issue.   

• Like 1