Capri-Boat tour then to Sorrento-how much time to allot?

Travel To Be Free

We are in on a cruise to Naples (7-7) and are going to Capri first thing in the morning.  At noon, we would like to have a boat tour around the island, seeing the natural arch, large rock formations and maybe one or two small grottos.  (Not the Blue Grotto as extra time and cost.)  Then we would like to be taken to Sorrento and dropped off there.  I will be sending notes to a few boat companies.  What is a good amount of time to request for this type of tour?  Is 1.5-2 hours enough time?

19 minutes ago, Travel To Be Free said:

We are in on a cruise to Naples (7-7) and are going to Capri first thing in the morning.  At noon, we would like to have a boat tour around the island, seeing the natural arch, large rock formations and maybe one or two small grottos.  (Not the Blue Grotto as extra time and cost.)  Then we would like to be taken to Sorrento and dropped off there.  I will be sending notes to a few boat companies.  What is a good amount of time to request for this type of tour?  Is 1.5-2 hours enough time?

I have no specific experience, but this doesn't seem like enough time given that one of the fast ferries (which do 28-32 knots, quite rapid) will take 20-25 minutes from Capri to Sorrento. A slower boat, such as one that would be used for sightseeing, would easily take twice that long or more...

Why not just do a short boat ride around Capri, have them drop you at the ferry dock, and take the fast ferry to Sorrento?

(Also, keep in mind that if you plan to arrive at Sorrento around 2pm, per your schedule, a great many shops/stores will be closed for the mid-day "pause" which lasts at least until 3pm, for some stores even later (and that I DO know from personal experience of staying in Sorrento for a week....)

Edited by cruisemom42