Penthouse Amenities

Momma Rene

21 minutes ago, Rob the Cruiser said:

Some people love it. Others don't use it.

Fairly accurate description of life in general and portions of the ship in general including: the library, the Spa deck, the Buffet, the GDR, the evening shows, Trivia, the pool, wine tastings, Happy Hour, Afternoon Tea, putt putt golf, cooking demonstrations, The string quartet, on and on!  Some in Suites feel exactly the same about Butlers!

We’re active people, yet have rarely been bored on a sea day. The ship offers a multitude of events and activities to participate in. Each person must explore the various options and decide what they like , even if it’s just a nap. If you can’t find something on O, then you’re on the wrong ship or cruise line. Happy Sailing!

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Rob the Cruiser said:

Postage stamp version of a frequent flyer lounge. Some people love it. Others don't use it.

A frequent flyer lounge has more food and beverages than the Executive Lounge.  I've never seen more than a few cold, light snacks in the EL.   Water, soda, a coffee machine and that's about it. It's a small quiet place to read the newspapers they have there.  I haven't spent much time in the lounge.

We book penthouse suites for the larger cabin. The added benefit of it is that you can book specialty restaurants earlier.  We haven't had dinner delivered to our cabin because we like to go out but we have had very good hot breakfasts delivered a couple of times. 

I pretty much agree with Sunlover.  We will go to the lounge if we had a tour that made us miss lunch and we want something to tide us over until dinner.  Sandwiches in the lounge fit the bill -- assuming they are still there!  We don't go there to read papers, etc.  Occasionally I have worked with the concierge to set up fine details about a Meet & Greet.

For us the main benefit of the PH is the larger space as well.  We DO order breakfast in on tour days; on port days we'll probably have breakfast in the GDR.  That's my Mom's fault ... she wanted to go there when we took her on a cruise with us at O's early days and we were converted.  We love the leisurely breakfast there ... which would NOT work if you have a tour scheduled.

Being able to book specialties earlier is a plus but not primo for us since we tend often not to use all the opportunities we have for them.  Maybe if they changed menus regularly we'd feel differently!

As it is, we're happy on O ...