Hotel Suggestions with parking - Miami Cruise Port

cah14522

Looking for a reasonably priced hotel near the Miami cruise port that includes parking for the duration of the cruise.  We're cruising on the Carnival Horizon on 3/21/20, so it's getting a little late in the game for us to find a hotel nearby.  Thanks for any tips / experiences you might have to share.

Only hotels out near the MIA airport offer cruise parking deals - downtown hotels charge guests $25-30+ per day for parking during your stay. 😲

The three options most often suggested on this board  are La Quinta East, MIA Embassy Suites and the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon.  None includes a ride back to your car post cruise, so plan on a $30+ taxi or $20+ Uber.

Your other option is to stay cheap outside of south FLA, then drive to POM and park there - covered, convenient and secure.  West Palm, straight up I-95 is only about 90+ minutes from the port, and we have even left Orlando early and made it onto the ship in time for lunch.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Noxequifans said:

In Miami, the general suggestion is to park only at the Port. Perhaps someone can suggest a place outside of Miami that meets your needs. 

Parking at a hotel is fine. 

To the OP the options are extremely limited for hotels that offer this. I have only heard of the ones listed above. 

You can of course park at the port for $22/day. 

I have found a couple different Holiday Inn Express options by going through Stay123.com . One is on NW 36th Street in Doral, and one is on NW 87th Avenue.  Is anyone familiar with these hotels, or the website that my wife found to use?

8 minutes ago, Flymia said:

I would just call those hotels directly. 

Just curious, why you say that and would handle it that way?  I've done it both ways in the past - through a booking service such as this and directly with the hotel.  Sometimes the hotel will say they are sold out, even though a booking service is able to get you in via a reserved block of rooms, and vice versa.

I usually don't book with hotels honestly. I like using hotels.com for their ease of use, 10% cash back, and price guarantee. 

However, I have never heard of 123save.com in my life, their website looks like garbage, it just screams "scam" or sometimes you get a good deal sometimes you don't have a room type of place. 

Maybe someone else can provide a review of their experience using the site, but when I see a website that looks like that I RUN away. 

Edited by Flymia

On 2/18/2020 at 10:19 AM, Flymia said:

I usually don't book with hotels honestly. I like using hotels.com for their ease of use, 10% cash back, and price guarantee. 

However, I have never heard of 123save.com in my life, their website looks like garbage, it just screams "scam" or sometimes you get a good deal sometimes you don't have a room type of place. 

Maybe someone else can provide a review of their experience using the site, but when I see a website that looks like that I RUN away. 

The site is 123stay.com, and we have used them at least once before for prior cruises. As another poster noted, they are legitimate, but their customer service / response time might be lacking a bit.  Thanks for your feedback.