MDR and 5-Night Specialty Dining

Is it possible to just get appetizers in the MDR and then go to a specialty restaurant for dinner. We have MTD is that matters. 

I don't see that it would be an issue, just wanted to double check and/or get other opinions

Thanks 

Unless you are going to an a la carte restaurant,  speciality restaurants are going to charge you one price, regardless of how much or little you eat.  But I don't know the specific answer to your question. 

Edited by epanchenko

10 minutes ago, epanchenko said:

Unless you are going to an a la carte restaurant,  specialty restaurants are going to charge you one price, regardless of how much or little you eat.  But I don't know the specific answer to your question. 

Thanks, I know about the à la carte credit/charges. 
Sailing on Serenade, Izumi is the only à la carte specialty restaurant. If we go over our allotment, I am OK paying the extra 

Curious, why would you want to go to MDR for anything if you purchased the 5 night dining package.  Food is generally much better in Specialty Restaurants.  I avoid MDR and Winjammer if at all possible.  Don't like crowds or noise when dining.  Happy to pay extra for peace and quiet, better service and better food.

44 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

MTD, table for  two, just apps = no problem..  Can't remember any apps in MDR that are as good as those from specialty.. Absolutely love the pork belly appetizer from Chop's .. happy cruising

We were just looking over the menus and there a a couple of nights that had a few of apps that I have never seen in the specialty restaurants. I do agree, the specialty dining does have some great apps, but 11 nights, 5 specialty, we can skip the apps once or twice in the specialty or just be a pig or get it to go, we've done that before 🙂 

19 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

Curious, why would you want to go to MDR for anything if you purchased the 5 night dining package.  Food is generally much better in Specialty Restaurants.  I avoid MDR and Winjammer if at all possible.  Don't like crowds or noise when dining.  Happy to pay extra for peace and quiet, better service and better food.

5 night package for an 11 night cruise... we have to go to the MDR or Windjammer a few nights.
The UDP was just more than we needed for 11 nights 3 restaurants 

12 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

We were just looking over the menus and there a a couple of nights that had a few of apps that I have never seen in the specialty restaurants. I do agree, the specialty dining does have some great apps, but 11 nights, 5 specialty, we can skip the apps once or twice in the specialty or just be a pig or get it to go, we've done that before 🙂 

5 night package for an 11 night cruise... we have to go to the MDR or Windjammer a few nights.
The UDP was just more than we needed for 11 nights 3 restaurants 

I understand.  I bought 5 night for 10 nights on Brilliance in June.  Already dreading the 5 nights of MTD in MDR.  Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1