What to do on which Island?

jbcallender

On Bora Bora getting out on the lagoon is the best way to see the island.  Pure Snorkeling has a great half day snorkel excursion that will allow you to see all of the lagoon while stopping at a few places to snorkel.  On Moorea consider renting a car as it is an easy island to explore on your own.  Not that many cars for rent so you have to arrange well in advance.  Either through Avis or through Albert's.

In the Marquesas there isn't a good place for easy snorkeling .... no coral reef so no protected lagoon.

Bora Bora and Moorea have good public beaches. 

Temae Beach and Opunupo Beach on Moorea  .... Matira Beach on Bora Bora. Best snorkeling tour will be on Bora Bora. 

Jewel is a large ship for these waters so the demand will be very high for excursions .... don't wait to book as my guess many of the better excursions are already booked.

Matira Beaches is a good place to swim at Bora Bora, I also booked an excellent excursion with Maohi Nui. You can also book snorkelling excursions dockside. Moorea I'm not sure about beach swimming, but once again you could book snorkelling excursions once docked. Raiaitea there is an excellent excursion -Le Excursion Bleu - (not sure I've got the name exactly correct). it includes an excellent drift snorkel, other sites eg pearl and cinnamon farm and lunch. Second time there I also booked an excursion at the Information Office that included swimming.snorkelling on an island. They dropped you off for a set time got and then picked you up to do a river cruise. The snorkelling off the beach at the Island was ok, but not as good as the excursions on a boat where they dropped you in specific snorkelling spots, but the island was pretty. Both times I have been in this region I have been on Norwegian Jewel and managed to book snorkelling tours etc at the dock. PS You tender in Bora Bora and Moorea, but dock in Raiatea.

Edited by karoo