Availability of upgrades

denys222

I have been offered upgrades for our Feb.22nd Western C . I see where some members know which rooms are available and thus do not bib because of location.(Noise) I am interested in moving up to a Sky suites but would not want to be assigned a room under the ocean view bar. I am a light sleeper. Where can I browse to find out what room #'s are available? 

You can do a "dummy" booking, which will give you some of the available cabins but not necessarily all.  The Celebrity UK site used to give all cabins, and there are some sites that will give all availability; unfortunately they are TA's and we can not mention them.

As to light sleeper, DW is in that category.  She uses wax ear plugs; end of problem. 

You don't say what ship.  Some people on here have access to TA systems and can see inventory that way.  The problem this close to the cruise is that most public sites will only show that guarantee rooms are available and not where they are.  Also, Celebrity may be holding back inventory that no one can see.

The main issue is that even if you find out which rooms are available, someone else could be "moved up" (or just moved) from one location to another, and then you may get assigned a room you may not necessarily want.  Unfortunately, that's the name of the game.  If you would not be happy in a specific location, always best to pick the location you like and stick with it.

• Like 1

Pretend you are doing a booking and then google reviews for the specific room (there are lots of websites that give the pros/cons to each room). I was nervous about noise in my room but the reviews said otherwise. (Just to note: my TA did show rooms available that the celebrity website showed as booked.) I would be surprised if noise was a problem in any of the suites given their price, but I have no experience. 

19 minutes ago, sydbarrett said:

Pretend you are doing a booking and then google reviews for the specific room (there are lots of websites that give the pros/cons to each room). I was nervous about noise in my room but the reviews said otherwise. (Just to note: my TA did show rooms available that the celebrity website showed as booked.) I would be surprised if noise was a problem in any of the suites given their price, but I have no experience. 

The other posters are correct. With a dummy booking you can see open cabins - less those on a hold. You are not allowed to choose on an upgrade so are more likely to get a location that might not make you happy. You can. however, after the assignment request a cabin change in the same class of cabins. A dummy booking on X website will show those possibilities.

Thanks. I will bid the minimum on a Sky Suite from 2D cabin and hope for the best. But to be honest,  if we are accepted for the upgrade at the minimum bid, it would make it a great deal and i do have earplugs...Happy Presidents day for US residents and happy Family Day to some parts of Canada. i will post in the https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2657946-celebrity-moveup-offer-tracker-please-do-not-post-questions-here/, when i get my response....