Quantum Refund Received, What About FCC?

mugtech

We were scheduled for the Quantum 2/24/20 cruise out of Hong Kong, switched to Singapore, then cancelled.  We were told we would have our refund by 2/19 if not sooner.  My credit cards lists 5 different credits on 2/14 for cruise fare, port fees, and reimbursed prepaid service charges.  It came up $700 short, for a FCC for that amount was put against the original prices of the cabins.  The FCC was obtained on 4/11/19 from a nonrefundable deposit for a cruise I cancelled, credit to be used in 12 months.  We will be in the Philippines until 4/21/20 and word has it there are no cruises nearby to take.  We have two cruises scheduled for May which are already paid in full including daily service charges.  Just wondering if anyone knows or has any experience with such a situation.  I could use it also for two cruises booked in September, but I have no idea what the policy will be since RCI cancelled the cruise we had intended for the credit.  I wrote all this in an email, but I know they have a lot on their plate right now, and calling from boondocks Philippines is not a viable solution.  Any and all feedback would be appreciated.  Perhaps they would allow me to use it on 3/2/21, the exact same itinerary that was cancelled for 2/24/20.  It is the original itinerary, not the one that substituted two Vietnam ports for Okinawa.

I have had clients cancel a sailing where an FCC had been applied.  It took about 2 weeks until the FCC was back in the system and could be applied to a different cruise.  It reverts back to the original date of issue so it still must be applied to another cruise within a year of the original issue date, the actual sail date could be more than a year out.  

It can also also be applied to a paid in full sailing...they just refund the amount to your credit card.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I have had clients cancel a sailing where an FCC had been applied.  It took about 2 weeks until the FCC was back in the system and could be applied to a different cruise.  It reverts back to the original date of issue so it still must be applied to another cruise within a year of the original issue date, the actual sail date could be more than a year out.  

It can also also be applied to a paid in full sailing...they just refund the amount to your credit card.

Thank you, I had heard that previously about getting a refund by applying it to an existing cruise, but I was not sure if the cruise had to be within 12 months of the original date or if as long as I assigned it to a cruise before 12 months, then it does not matter when the cruise takes place.

FCC rules and application can vary quite a bit, there can be inconsistency.  

The original FCC should be re-issued and in some cases it may get a new date even though technically it shouldn't.  You may find that since they canceled the 2/24 cruise they might be more willing to bend the rules when it come to re-applying the FCC.   It's worth a shot to try.

There have been cases where I expected an FCC to be re-issued with it's original date and I end up with a whole new FCC with a brand new date.  YMMV.

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

FCC rules and application can vary quite a bit, there can be inconsistency.  

The original FCC should be re-issued and in some cases it may get a new date even though technically it shouldn't.  You may find that since they canceled the 2/24 cruise they might be more willing to bend the rules when it come to re-applying the FCC.   It's worth a shot to try.

There have been cases where I expected an FCC to be re-issued with it's original date and I end up with a whole new FCC with a brand new date.  YMMV.

Thank you, I'm also trying to get reimbursed for 3 airline tickets, the original to Hong Kong and then home from Singapore plus an updated to Singapore when the embarkation was changed from Hong Kong to Singapore before being cancelled.  I fly from Manila at $200 pp or less so according to their terms I should get it all back.