Early Breakfast on Departure Morning

happytravellers2

Apologies if this has been asked recently - I did do a search before posting but nothing relevant came up. 
We are cruising on Getaway in March and have a flight out of New Orleans departure time 11h45. I have read a number of posts on the forum that recommend self assist departure in order to get to the airport with less hassle, and plan to do so. Can anyone advise if O’Sheehan’s remains open on departure morning for an early breakfast - and if Garden Cafe opens early. 
Thanks in advance for advice. 

5 minutes ago, happytravellers2 said:

Apologies if this has been asked recently - I did do a search before posting but nothing relevant came up. 
We are cruising on Getaway in March and have a flight out of New Orleans departure time 11h45. I have read a number of posts on the forum that recommend self assist departure in order to get to the airport with less hassle, and plan to do so. Can anyone advise if O’Sheehan’s remains open on departure morning for an early breakfast - and if Garden Cafe opens early. 
Thanks in advance for advice. 

Yes, both serve breakfast on disembarkation day.

Was not open in January on Breakaway, Port Canaveral. Options were garden cafe or dining room.

In fact, debarkation required you to walk through O Sheehan's towards the theater lobby on Deck 7, which is where they had the photo recognition customs clearance. Everything happened onboard and once you had the green light from the facial recognition computer, you were free to debark the vessel and walk straight out of the terminal after claiming luggage.

35 minutes ago, happytravellers2 said:

Thanks www3 - but open what time?

What time does Garden Cafe open for full breakfast, and does O’Sheehan’s remain open 24hrs on departure morning?

The Garden Cafe (buffet) should be open from 6am - 9am. 

I'm pretty sure O'Sheehan's is not open on disembarkation morning.

We just got off Getaway on Sunday (Feb 16).  Our flight out of MSY was at 11:05.  Breakfast started in Garden Cafe at 6:00am, so we were there at about 6:05.  Debarkation was on deck 7 forward, so I went down to check things out at 6:30.  There was already a long line of Self Assist people at this time.  So we got our luggage and got in line.  The line was well managed by cruise staff and wound throughout the 7th floor.

At 7:05am, they opened the gangway and we started to debark.  We got through customs by 7:30, then got on a Norwegian Transfer (there was a kiosk after customs selling passes for $20 per person).  The transfer was a coach bus.  We were first people on the next bus, so we had to wait until the bus filled.  We still got to the airport by 8:45am, plenty of time for our 11:05 flight.  We did have TSA pre-check, so airport security went very fast.

CAUTION: The prior cruise (Feb 2-7) got in late (9:30am) and debarkment didn't even start until at least 10am.  With all of the new passengers in line for boarding and others leaving, it was a real mess.

Thank you all - particularly Reuben for the very up to date advice about disembarkation in NOLA.

Looks like it will be fingers crossed for an on schedule arrival. Early breakfast and off as soon as possible.
Previously we have always had late flights and been one of the last off - and still had long waits at the airport. 

5 hours ago, Krazy Kat said:

Another possibility is to order complimentary breakfast through room service.  They serve until 8:30am.  I recommend because you can avoid all the craziness and lines!

Yes, an option. I think we will probably go to the Garden Cafe at 6 - hopefully not too busy then. 

1 hour ago, happytravellers2 said:

Yes, an option. I think we will probably go to the Garden Cafe at 6 - hopefully not too busy then. 

That’s what we do. We try to get to the Garden Cafe just before opening time. Have a nice, final breakfast, go back to our room and collect our bags and join the self walk off line (which will be long). 

If you know the ship is arriving late, bite the bullet and get in the self walkoff line very early in the morning and leave all of your bags in line. Rotate through the buffet, leaving part of your group to hold your place in line. 

30 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

That’s what we do. We try to get to the Garden Cafe just before opening time. Have a nice, final breakfast, go back to our room and collect our bags and join the self walk off line (which will be long). 

If you know the ship is arriving late, bite the bullet and get in the self walkoff line very early in the morning and leave all of your bags in line. Rotate through the buffet, leaving part of your group to hold your place in line. 

Thanks BirdTravel - good advice.