HELP....Transportation, Hotel in TX

Nessa1dc

Hello Everyone,

There will be 5 of us sailing on the Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston TX in July 2020.  This is our 2nd Time on the Liberty, but our 1st time out of Galveston.  I have heard good and bad points about sailing out of Galveston.  I have some questions though.  Let me give you the back drop:

a.  5 people (2 seniors)

b.  Flying into Hobby the night before

c.  We prefer to travel together (all ride in the same car)

Galveston Questions:

1.  Should we stay close to the airport the night before or should we go to Galveston Island?  We would like to have something to do the night before...nothing adventurous, maybe a nice walk and dinner.  We don't want to spend over $200 for a room per couple.  What are your suggestions?  Can you give us a few places we should look into?

2.  If we stay close to the airport and decide to head to the port on embarkation day....is there a private service we could hire for about $120?  or should we uber?  Are there ubers that can carry 5 people or would we have to separate?  How much?  (We don't want to take shuttle from the airport to the port).

3.  Tell me whatever you think I should know.

Liberty Questions:

1.  Do they have hibachi at Izumi?

2.  Can Diamond Plus use the Concierge Lounge or just the Diamond Lounge?

3.  Anything I should know?  Its been awhile since we have been on her.

Thank you all in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Dang a month and no replies?

I'll try to help as best as I can. I personally don't stay in Galveston. Their hotels are always high...even the low end ones. I've found I can get a better hotel cheaper outside of Galveston. I usually stay in Webster. It's a nice area near the Space Center with a lot of restaurants and shopping. But I drive. In your situation I don't know if it would make sense to pay for transportation to webster one day then to Galveston the next. 

In your situation I'd probably find a good hotel deal near the airport with restaurants and a free airport shuttle. Then you just have to pay for transportation to the Galveston. I never have to get transportation myself but I have heard of people using this: https://galvestonlimo.com/airport-shuttle/

I can't help with Liberty unless it's Carnival Liberty.

Edited by Saint Greg

9 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Dang a month and no replies?

I'll try to help as best as I can. I personally don't stay in Galveston. Their hotels are always high...even the low end ones. I've found I can get a better hotel cheaper outside of Galveston. I usually stay in Webster. It's a nice area near the Space Center with a lot of restaurants and shopping. But I drive. In your situation I don't know if it would make sense to pay for transportation to webster one day then to Galveston the next. 

In your situation I'd probably find a good hotel deal near the airport with restaurants and a free airport shuttle. Then you just have to pay for transportation to the Galveston. I never have to get transportation myself but I have heard of people using this: https://galvestonlimo.com/airport-shuttle/

I can't help with Liberty unless it's Carnival Liberty.

If you are crashing , stay near airport . 
take shuttle with cruise line from airport In morning ,  or private Limo bus or car services or Uber and  Lyft