Spectrum March 21 canceled

1 hour ago, Marilyn Johannes said:

Just got email from my travel agent that Royal canceled March 21 Shanghai to Shanghai cruise. 

Spectrum is coming down here to Australia for a couple of months at least as I think most of the Asian ports are now closing to cruise ships due to this virus and until they know what is happening with it. I imagine it is a bit of a logistical nightmare trying to arrange ports at short notice with so many other cruise lines around at the same time, this would be happening with any ships that usually do the Asian trips.

1 hour ago, Marilyn Johannes said:

Just got email from my travel agent that Royal canceled March 21 Shanghai to Shanghai cruise. 

Marilyn,

Thanks for posting.  No word yet on mine. I'm hoping my cancellation will come in the next day or two.  I just want this over with.  I want to use that money towards something other than a cruise.

I assume they didn't offer any OBC or incentive for cancelling.

Latest schedule for Spectrum has her enroute from Manila, Philippines to be in Brisbane 27th Feb & then in Sydney 29th Feb, docking after departure of another ship that afternoon. 

It had been reported that Spectrum will do free cruises for the emergency services personnel who responded to our recent bushfires emergency. The details of this have not been released to my knowledge.

I have not seen any future cruises listed. 

2 hours ago, jegoodman said:

Marilyn,

Thanks for posting.  No word yet on mine. I'm hoping my cancellation will come in the next day or two.  I just want this over with.  I want to use that money towards something other than a cruise.

I assume they didn't offer any OBC or incentive for cancelling.

No, there wasn’t any offer of any OBC or FCC but I didn’t expect anything since the March 5th cruise wasn’t offered anything. It’s a shame they waited to the last minute to cancel when they knew this cruise wasn’t going on as planned. Now it costs more for flights to travel during that time frame. Money to be refunded by February 27th. 

Also, just went on website and the cruise is still posted. Didn’t try to book it so I’m not sure you could go all the way through with the reservation.

Good luck with getting a refund on your cruise. 

no 

1 hour ago, mr walker said:

Latest schedule for Spectrum has her enroute from Manila, Philippines to be in Brisbane 27th Feb & then in Sydney 29th Feb, docking after departure of another ship that afternoon. 

It had been reported that Spectrum will do free cruises for the emergency services personnel who responded to our recent bushfires emergency. The details of this have not been released to my knowledge.

I have not seen any future cruises listed. 

I guess a Sydney Harbour photo shoot Spectrum & Ovation and a big Whoo Harr ... nothing is for free/complementary all for a reason. 🤑🤑🤑👍

28 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

no 

I guess a Sydney Harbour photo shoot Spectrum & Ovation and a big Whoo Harr ... nothing is for free/complementary all for a reason. 🤑🤑🤑👍

never thought of that - you should be consulting to cruise companies PR depts. 🙂 

57 minutes ago, Marilyn Johannes said:

No, there wasn’t any offer of any OBC or FCC but I didn’t expect anything since the March 5th cruise wasn’t offered anything. It’s a shame they waited to the last minute to cancel when they knew this cruise wasn’t going on as planned. Now it costs more for flights to travel during that time frame. Money to be refunded by February 27th. 

Also, just went on website and the cruise is still posted. Didn’t try to book it so I’m not sure you could go all the way through with the reservation.

Good luck with getting a refund on your cruise. 

Thanks for posting, Marilyn.

It really is ashame that Royal treats its customers this way.  Probably just as well that there's no offer of an FCC.  That would have tempted me to book again.  I really think Royal has blown it by taking so long to cancel these cruises.  I'm still waiting for mine to be canceled.  I think Holland America cancelled their whole season through September.  

Royal is getting positive press by offering cruises to first responders.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's tax deductible for them.  Royal doesn't do something for nothing. It's funny, I used to be really loyal to them but over the years (mainly after they hired a Carnival Executive) they have slowly but surely "carnivalized."  I remember in the 90's sodas were free and there were no specialty restaurants.  In the 2000's there were specialty restaurants but the pricing was minimal to cover the gratuity.  Now the pricing is quite high AND you pay gratuities.  

I will continue waiting for them to cancel my cruise on 3/28... get my refund.. and be done with this whole stressful mess.

1 minute ago, jegoodman said:

Thanks for posting, Marilyn.

It really is ashame that Royal treats its customers this way.  Probably just as well that there's no offer of an FCC.  That would have tempted me to book again.  I really think Royal has blown it by taking so long to cancel these cruises.  I'm still waiting for mine to be canceled.  I think Holland America cancelled their whole season through September.  

Royal is getting positive press by offering cruises to first responders.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's tax deductible for them.  Royal doesn't do something for nothing. It's funny, I used to be really loyal to them but over the years (mainly after they hired a Carnival Executive) they have slowly but surely "carnivalized."  I remember in the 90's sodas were free and there were no specialty restaurants.  In the 2000's there were specialty restaurants but the pricing was minimal to cover the gratuity.  Now the pricing is quite high AND you pay gratuities.  

I will continue waiting for them to cancel my cruise on 3/28... get my refund.. and be done with this whole stressful mess.

We only cruised Royal for maybe 15-20 cruises. A few years ago we were at a table with a couple that only cruised through Princess. It was their first Royal Cruise. They were treated far better that we were. This is when we figured there was no reason to be loyal to Royal. So we have been cruising with Princess the last few years and have been treated as well or better than Royal had treated us the last few cruises. Only booked this one because we wanted a shorter cruise than Princess offered. Also paid $65 to downline and hoping to get this back. 

Good luck with getting your money back.