Carnival Magic will start departing from Norfolk

mrlddst

5 hours ago, SDPadreFan said:

I wouldn't make too much of where Carnival (or any other cruise line) is placing their ships. These are strictly business decisions. The primary ports in North America for cruise ships are Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Canaveral, Galveston, Los Angeles, and Vancouver, BC (in the summer). Tampa could be considered a permanent port but she has physical limitations that keep out the mega ships (which keep being built) so she could eventually loose favor with only the older (smaller) ships to offer. But that is at least 10-20 years away I would guess. Most of the other ports are not permanent and can move around as business dictates. Carnival and the other cruise lines just shop around and see who (which city) is offering them the best deal and if the city has the potential to draw enough passengers for the sailings to fill up the ships. You can only cram so many ships into the primary ports. But the secondary ports will always be somewhat temporary. If Norfolk proves to be a good draw - after their 5 year agreement then they will get an extension provided they continue to offer sweeteners to Carnival. If Carnival draws well, other cruise lines will shop Norfolk as well. But if at the end of the 5 year period, Norfolk and the surrounding area is not filling the ship/s, Carnival will look for other opportunities.

Yup

Thanks to OP for alerting me to this information!  Looking forward to going out of this port since it is within driving distance from home as well as we love the Dream Class ships.  Perfect timing as we realized our Early Saver VIFP offer was expiring as of today, so I think it is meant to be.  Can't wait till next year to go back to Bermuda and spend 3 days enjoying that beautiful island and all it has to offer.  Those cabins really went fast from last Thursday, lol.  

20 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

Thanks to OP for alerting me to this information!  Looking forward to going out of this port since it is within driving distance from home as well as we love the Dream Class ships.  Perfect timing as we realized our Early Saver VIFP offer was expiring as of today, so I think it is meant to be.  Can't wait till next year to go back to Bermuda and spend 3 days enjoying that beautiful island and all it has to offer.  Those cabins really went fast from last Thursday, lol.  

Wow! You scared me! I just looked and there are many cabins available- I only looked at balcony- but there are regular balconies, cove , aft, aft vista, cloud 9, and aft extended view. I can’t decide which one to book. Looking forward to sailing to Bermuda.

6 hours ago, beacha said:

Wow! You scared me! I just looked and there are many cabins available- I only looked at balcony- but there are regular balconies, cove , aft, aft vista, cloud 9, and aft extended view. I can’t decide which one to book. Looking forward to sailing to Bermuda.

Sorry, we like the front ocean view rooms on deck 7, they went fast, lol.  From the time I started looking from one day to the next it went from 6 to now 1 cabin.  Our last Bermuda cruise did sell out fast, we had booked one of the floor to ceiling window cabins at the front on deck 9, it was a great room.  We also do balcony rooms, especially the L-shaped ones on deck 6 at the aft, but  they were gone too.   We only got to stay 1 1/2 days in Bermuda but knew we had to go back.  Just so happy its only a 3 1/2 hour drive to port!

10 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

Sorry, we like the front ocean view rooms on deck 7, they went fast, lol.  From the time I started looking from one day to the next it went from 6 to now 1 cabin.  Our last Bermuda cruise did sell out fast, we had booked one of the floor to ceiling window cabins at the front on deck 9, it was a great room.  We also do balcony rooms, especially the L-shaped ones on deck 6 at the aft, but  they were gone too.   We only got to stay 1 1/2 days in Bermuda but knew we had to go back.  Just so happy its only a 3 1/2 hour drive to port!

Those front cabins are very desirable, and go quickly. We snagged one on the Sunrise last fall 9109 , I think. We sailed from Charleston to Bahamas. We were supposed to go to Bermuda, but the storm rerouted us. Enjoy your cruise!