Freestyle Daily for the Bliss and a few new cruiser questions :0)

Kclovesken

Does anyone happen to have the freestyle daily's from past cruises? I wanted to show my daughter examples of what we could do daily. 

Also was wondering how soon can you book excursions? I dont see the option on the app yet my cruise is still months away but wanted to book asap. Many have said they sell out so wanted to make sure thay didn't happen. 

Also my mother wanted to gift my daughter and I on board credit. Can she call that in to place on our account? I was also curious if I could place some additional OBC to the account prior to sailing.

Thanks for all the info in advance.😀

2 hours ago, Kclovesken said:

Awesome thanks 🙂 do you know how soon you can book in advance?

OBC can be purchased anytime after the booking has been made.

As for booking excursions, you will just need to check regularly.  Hard to say for certain when they will be added for your particular cruise.

*** In case this is an issue: OBC cannot be used to book excursion pre-cruise, but can be used onboard to do so.

Edited by ggTexasGal
added info

Which itinerary and when would help with your dailies hunt. Bliss has done a ton of different itineraries in the last year. 

Excursions don't have a set time. They can start showing up whenever. And for my upcoming cruise they added a lot of excursions less than a month before the cruise. 

On board stuff opens 120 days before if you can prebook it. (Finally payment is also 120 days out) There will be some things you can only book on board. While it doesn't happen all the time they can sell out. With specialty dining they only release a fraction ahead of time so the advance reservations usually fill up. 

FYI NCL only lets you use OBC on board so you won't be able to use it for ant purchases pre cruise. (I say this as other cruise lines give you access to it to book online.) 

58 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

Excursions don't have a set time. They can start showing up whenever. And for my upcoming cruise they added a lot of excursions less than a month before the cruise.

Same thing happened with my Pacific Coastal in April last year - the excursions for at least one port were significantly revamped less than a month before sailing.  I just figured it was because it wasn't a regular itinerary (one that runs more than 2x a year).

2 hours ago, hallux said:

Same thing happened with my Pacific Coastal in April last year - the excursions for at least one port were significantly revamped less than a month before sailing.  I just figured it was because it wasn't a regular itinerary (one that runs more than 2x a year).

For my upcoming one NCL has another ship in Antigua the same day. It's possible maybe they gave each ship X amount and then when it was close moved some empty slots to the sold out bigger ship? 

My cruise is to the Mexican Riviera Oct 18th haha wasnt lying when I said way out there. I wasnt so much concerned about them selling out since they arent even open but missing my chance later on 🤣

Also any tipping suggestions? I did the gratuity in advance but am curious about extra tipping. Like for the steward/stewardess or wait staff etc. 

1 hour ago, Kclovesken said:

Also any tipping suggestions? I did the gratuity in advance but am curious about extra tipping. Like for the steward/stewardess or wait staff etc. 

At the end of the cruise I usually leave a couple bucks pp/pd for the cabin steward.  So far I haven't had any issues with any of the ones I've had (2 on NCL, 2 on RCI) that would result in me deciding NOT to leave extra.  As long as the room is cleaned, bed and towels sorted out as needed and any requests I made (which aren't many) are taken care of they're fine in my book.  In fact, the steward on my last NCL cruise sorted out some issue with one of the doors in my cabin without my asking so it was an issue I wasn't even aware of.

On RCI I was sailing with others and we always sat in the same server's section (it's kind of the way it's done if you pick that seating option, you get the same table), everyone in the party gave the servers extra as the service was good.  On NCL I've not had the same server multiple times on the same cruise but in some of the specialty restaurants I did leave a little extra on the slip for them.

• Thanks 1