Specialty resturants

Atogh

Just sailed on the Meriviglia last week.  While we felt the specialty menu choices were limited, I was able to find something to my liking.  My husband did not.  The best selections were in the Butcher's Cut.  Good steaks, Filet Mignon, and good sides.  In the Ocean Cay restaurant, I had spaghetti and clams which was delicious.  My husband had the fish selection and it was not good at all.  In Kaito Sushi restaurant we had Miso Soup, Shrimp Scampi and Hibachi Chicken.  All very yummy!

We were able to use our Drink Packages, both Easy and Premium in all three restaurants.  The only exception was dinner in the Cirque show.  

59 minutes ago, DaisyGirl55 said:

We were able to use our Drink Packages, both Easy and Premium in all three restaurants.  The only exception was dinner in the Cirque show.  

Something doesn't make sense here.  Assuming you and your partner were in the same cabin, you both were required to have the SAME package.  And the Easy Package is specifically excluded from speciality restaurants

MSC Cruises

All-Inclusive Drinks Packages

DRINK PACKAGES

Quench Your Thirst With Great Savings

Enjoy one of our drink packages during your cruise. Choose from our Easy, Premium or Premium Plus package and sip' back and relax. 
View our drink package comparison guide, here.

Book Now to Save 15% vs. onboard prices.

DRINK PACKAGES

Drink Packages

Easy Package

Selected Drinks up to $6!

$35 per person / per day*

*The package must be purchased by all guests occupying the same stateroom or traveling together, including minors who must purchase a non-alcoholic beverage package. Purchase of a beverage package is not required for children under the age of 3. 

Consumption of selected drinks priced up to $6!
Savor the freedom to satisfy your thirst at any moment with a dedicated selection of house wines by the glass, one brand of draft beer (Heineken*) and/or Miller Lite bottled beer (for Caribbean itineraries only), selected spirits and cocktails, non-alcoholic cocktails, soft drinks and fruit juices by the glass, bottled mineral water, classic hot drink (espresso, cappuccino, cafe latte, hot tea) and coffee and hot chocolate drinks. You can take advantage of this offer in all onboard bars, as well as the self-service buffet and restaurants, excluding specialty restaurants

Edited by jkgourmet

Ah now I see!  Your other posts says you paid $215 to upgrade - that's the cost for BOTH of you.  And THAT'S why your package was accepted in the specialities.

(I'm not picking on you.  I just want to make sure others understand that the Easy Package is definitely NOT accepted in Speciality restaurants.  Want a glass of wine?  Get up from the table, walk to the nearest bar, queue up and walk back to your table.)

15 hours ago, jkgourmet said:

Ah now I see!  Your other posts says you paid $215 to upgrade - that's the cost for BOTH of you.  And THAT'S why your package was accepted in the specialities.

(I'm not picking on you.  I just want to make sure others understand that the Easy Package is definitely NOT accepted in Speciality restaurants.  Want a glass of wine?  Get up from the table, walk to the nearest bar, queue up and walk back to your table.)

That makes sense!  I was not aware of the difference in the Specialty restaurant since my hubby had the upgrade.  He was able to get his glass of Jack and Diet and I had a glass of White Zinfandel.