Port of Miami to Sixt Car Rental - Questions

mlbcruiser

We will be disembarking at Port of Miami and have a car reserved at Sixt Car Rental's MIA location on 25th St.   I haven't seen mention of Sixt with regard to a free shuttle to

MIA.  Is this Sixt location at the airport, in the building with numerous other rental agencies or by itself off site? Is there a free shuttle from the port to Sixt?  If not, I'm wondering what the cheapest transportation would be from the port to the Sixt location? 

One issue is that we will have a folded up travel mobility scooter with us (about the size of a medium rolling suitcase and it fits into most average sized car trunks), plus 2 suitcases.  I'm guessing Uber would be a bit less than a cab..

Hoping for some info. and/or ideas!

The location is at the airport where all the other rental agencies are.

Unfortunately as far as I know Sixt does not offer free shuttles to/from PortMiami but it is best to call and ask.

These companies do:

Miami-Car-Rental-Shuttles-768x432.jpg

Edited by SteerageJoe

Thanks for the info.  
I just did a search online for UberXL and only came up with Uber X..  Is that the same thing? Explanation for it did not have any details. Sounded like it was the same, 1 to 4 people and that is all that was mentioned. And do you reach it through the usual Uber app? (Will need to download the app as lost it when my phone broke a couple of weeks ago. Only ever used it about 3 times in as many yrs.)

Edited by mlbcruiser

UberXL is usually a minivan or large SUV and can easily accommodate your luggage, scooter, etc. The price is typically about 60-90% more than the fare for UberX - in the app it will show you the various vehicle options and prices.

Thanks a bunch. The thing is, since we can fit our stuff in a Toyota Corolla that is several years old, I don’t really think we will need a van. At least not as long as the Uber driver allowed us to put one suitcase in the backseat along with one of us. I appreciate all the information.