Tampa to Port Canaveral

H3one6B

I found a much cheaper flight to fly into Tampa rather then MCO.....we are flying in a day early but my flight just got changed to arrive later at night. Thoughts on a hotel in Tampa or cheaper to hit the road and start driving and stop along the way??

You can stay in Tampa, but the morning rush hour through Orlando can be a pain. The drive to PC from Tampa takes about 3+ hours depending upon traffic.

How late do you arrive? Lots of Hotels near TPA in the Westshore area, or split the difference and stay in Orlando.

Traffic should not be that bad that late at night (but you never know when the theme parks start dumping customers in the evening).  Depends upon how long you have been travelling and if you are up for a 3+ hour drive that late at night.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Tampa. Keep in mind by the time you get your luggage, catch the train to the new rental car center and leave the airport, it will be 10pm. Safe areas in Tampa are next to the airport or downtown Tampa area. Keep in mind airport hotels will probably be less expensive. If you want to to drive the 60-90 minutes to Orlando, I suggest the tourist area (International Drive) very nice hotels and pretty inexpensive plus plenty of places to grab breakfast in the morning. That would put you an hour from the port. BTW, you will need a Sunpass or the Sunpass option on the rental car

Edited by steve20832