Smeralda (dis)embarkation Barcelona

Matsurida

Would anyone have an idea of what time we're likely to be able to board the Smeralda in Barcelona (I'm assuming they're using Terminal E, right?). More importantly, what time are we likely to be able to disembark at the earliest (carrying own luggage)? TIA for any info.

Your boarding time is on your documents normally from 11am to 4pm in Barcelona they do let people on early if cabin are ready.

You can carry your own luggage off ship 30 mins after ship docks. Look on the Costa site for approximate docking times for your cruise.

Make sure you do NOT leave your cases outside cabin as requested as they will end up in the terminal & delay your departure.

Let reception know you are leave ship early when on board. 

We recently did this same cruise from Barcelona and were in the VIP lounge. We started boarding at around 1pm.
You used to be given a little card with your boarding group number on it so that the earlier you arrived at the terminal, the higher your boarding group number and the sooner you could board. Not sure if it is still the same system but would imagine so.
If you have preferential or priority boarding you automatically get the higher numbers.

Thanks for the info, Bob. Just wanted a vague idea of what time we had to spend in Barcelona before boarding. It's a balancing act between seeing a bit of the city and my kids chomping at the bit to get on the ship. I'll aim for early afternoon then and (hopefully) keep everybody happy.

I can understand your kids excitement to get on the ship but waiting around in the terminal will probably be boring for them so I understand the importance of trying to get your timing right.

They are normally pretty good with the boarding at Barcelona but this is an enormous ship and there are many more people boarding now at Barcelona anyway.

Hope it all goes well and that you have a lovely holiday.

You got that right, we had an early flight couple years ago, we use bag express so no luggage to collect, from cabin to booked taxi took us well over an hour due to number of guests wanting an early departure. 

Missed the flight due to traffic & turmoil getting of the ship.