NCL Transfer from Airport to Pier (Copenhagen)

jcodes

I have some questions about NCL transfers from the airport. I'm going on the Norwegian Escape, Baltic Sea Cruise leaving June 25, 2020. I saw a thread about NCL transfers from 2 years ago but seemed specific to LaGuardia airport.

1. What kind of bus should I look for when I leave the customs area of the airport?

2. Do they typically have schedules when they leave the airport, or do they wait for the last possible customer to get on, and then drive? I am arriving at 10 AM and would like to get the ship as soon as possible (I'm starting to see taxi might be a better option but it feels excessive to take a taxi for 1 person with carry-on baggage ... and pay $100 Canadian).

3. If the flight is delayed, do they have a way of knowing and will they wait for me? How would I know if they've left without me?

4. If I have to take a taxi (due to delays), what is the exact address of the port that the cruise ship will be so I can minimize foot travel? I know it's Oceankaj, but it looks like there's "Terminal 1, 2, 3" – how would I know which terminal it will be at?

We just did the Baltic Cruise this past summer on the Getaway and used the NCL transport.  Our flight arrived super early in Copenhagen, around 6:30 in the morning.  From what I blearily remember is that there was a person holding a sign that we followed to the area where the bus would pick us up.  We were picked up around 8:30 and were taken on a two and a half hour tour of the city, which we were not expecting at all.  It was really neat and a nice surprise.  I'm not sure if they do the city tour with later flights coming in.  On the way to the airport after disembarking, we followed the directions left on paper in our room.  It was easy peasy and we would do it again!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Redsky5292 said:

We just did the Baltic Cruise this past summer on the Getaway and used the NCL transport.  Our flight arrived super early in Copenhagen, around 6:30 in the morning.  From what I blearily remember is that there was a person holding a sign that we followed to the area where the bus would pick us up.  We were picked up around 8:30 and were taken on a two and a half hour tour of the city, which we were not expecting at all.  It was really neat and a nice surprise.  I'm not sure if they do the city tour with later flights coming in.  On the way to the airport after disembarking, we followed the directions left on paper in our room.  It was easy peasy and we would do it again!

Wow! Thank you so much! Why did they take you on a 2.5 hour tour of the city? Was it because they had time, or were they picking up folks from hotels in the city/on the way to the cruise port? Either way sounds nice!

I think they did the tour because the port area is not very big and there was not really a place for those waiting to embark to hang out while the previous passengers are disembarking.  Once we got to the port we got right on, no lines.

Edited by Redsky5292

There is only one road into the terminal area at Oceankaj, the Getaway used 2 terminals and there was a sign with which one to use(by deck). 

Public transport is cheap and easy for a light weight traveler.

One change around 40-60mins

2 zone <$5us.

https://dinoffentligetransport.dk/english/

Good interactive planning app. 

Google maps also does a decent job. 

• Like 1