Summer 2021 dates/cruises released

cantgetin

I was very surprised they released itineraries and bookings started the next day.  We booked the 9. night Alaskan Cruise for 2021.  Great itinerary, but was very pricey.  13k for a 5B on deck 6.  I am researching Celebrity and will reconsider DCL for this cruise.  Love DCL but was stunned with this pricing.  Could do a Celebrity Suite on a similar itinerary for less than the DCL stateroom.

15 hours ago, STHCruising said:

I was very surprised they released itineraries and bookings started the next day.  We booked the 9. night Alaskan Cruise for 2021.  Great itinerary, but was very pricey.  13k for a 5B on deck 6.  I am researching Celebrity and will reconsider DCL for this cruise.  Love DCL but was stunned with this pricing.  Could do a Celebrity Suite on a similar itinerary for less than the DCL stateroom.

😲 How many people was that for?  Unless you're committed to departing and returning to the same port, look at the one way itineraries on cruise lines like Princess. You get more glaciers that way. we did Princess in 2013 and spent a whole day in Glacier Bay and another at Hubbard Glacier. Plus, spending more time at either end in Anchorage and Vancouver. 

The Alaska 5B was for 2 adults.  We are looking at Celebrity, and now, Viking, which does an 11 night one way Seward to Vancouver.  A junior suite is less than the 9 night DCL.  We aren’t sure we want to take a break from DCL as we just love DCL and know so many crew after 28 cruises with DCL.  It makes for great experiences.  We will consider this for the next few weeks and reconsider.  We are less inclined to look at Princess - last time we deviated from DCL was on Princess, and while we truly enjoyed the itinerary and ports (Canada/New England) we did not enjoy the ship the way we do a DCL ship.

23 hours ago, STHCruising said:

We did 2 weeks on Princess in a suite for the same price (actually a little less) as one week on DCL in a verandah.  OK, there is no way that a regular Princess cabin compares with DCL, but the suite and suite perks are more than what we'd get on DCL.  We also got 2 specialty restaurant dinners each week at no extra charge--one for the suite and one for a special promotion

Don't get me wrong--we love DCL.  But we go to Alaska for the scenery, animals, etc....not for characters in parkas.  And I  no longer have young kids, so I'd rather have the longer trip.

Suite perks on Princess are nice--a "club class" dining experience was as good as anything we've had on DCL, complimentary laundry, etc.  Princess main stage entertainment is lacking, but their "around the ship" can be good.  DCL wins, hands down, on the main stage entertainment.

Edited by cantgetin