Deck 8 P1 Grill Stateroom

resordanis

Hi all,

We have been allocated a stateroom on deck 8 for our upcoming Queen Elizabeth cruise. I am a little disappointed as I feel being under the Lido it will be quite noisy and I am an extremely light sleeper. Can anyone who has stayed in a P1 in this location make me feel a little better at the moment.?

i can’t understand why cruise ship put some of there better cabins in these locations.

By the way, only guarantees were available for this cruise.

We would not book a deck 8 cabin for the reason you stated. However, if this was one of the heavily discounted cruises, because of itinerary rescheduling, just be happy to be in PG, and enjoy the facilities, ambience and food! There are those who are missing out on a long planned holiday in Asia, who would love to be on the QE.

Have a good trip. Perhaps you will report first hand how you find your cabin.

Generally I would never book a P1 on deck 8 because of the potential for much noise from the public areas on deck 9.  I am surprised that that the the deck 8 cabins are P1's and have always felt they should be category P2 with deck 6 being P1 instead of being P2.

3 hours ago, resordanis said:

Hi all,

We have been allocated a stateroom on deck 8 for our upcoming Queen Elizabeth cruise. I am a little disappointed as I feel being under the Lido it will be quite noisy and I am an extremely light sleeper. Can anyone who has stayed in a P1 in this location make me feel a little better at the moment.?

i can’t understand why cruise ship put some of there better cabins in these locations.

By the way, only guarantees were available for this cruise.

I've stayed in a Q3 on deck 8 under the Lido as you describe, as recently as last March, and can report that I did not hear a thing from the Lido above. I fact I thought the location was fantastic.

3 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

I've stayed in a Q3 on deck 8 under the Lido as you describe, as recently as last March, and can report that I did not hear a thing from the Lido above. I fact I thought the location was fantastic.

You give me hope, thank you!

3 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Do more than hope! Fear not! The cabins up there are glorious and the height above the sea, perfect in my opinion. Also, an easy walk up the stairs to the Grills dining room (or gym!).

Many thanks, I am feeling slightly better. I know the location well as I use the gym daily. We do like QE and QV for the size, but have been on deck 5 and  6.  We disembarked a very large ship today, but like the QE size. I am just an extremely light sleeper, but will invest in a good pair of earplugs.🙈🙈🙈 Thank you so much for the reassurance! Although knowing cruise critic, someone will say something  to the contrary unfortunately!

2 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Many thanks, I am feeling slightly better. I know the location well as I use the gym daily. We do like QE and QV for the size, but have been on deck 5 and  6.  We disembarked a very large ship today, but like the QE size. I am just an extremely light sleeper, but will invest in a good pair of earplugs.🙈🙈🙈 Thank you so much for the reassurance! Although knowing cruise critic, someone will say something  to the contrary unfortunately!

Just to put my opinion in to some context - I'm female and of  'a certain age' and most certainly a light sleeper, too. If there had been any noise I would have heard it. And I don't wake up terribly early in the morning so it wasn't a problem at that end of the day, either! I do hope you enjoy your trip.

1 minute ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Just to put my opinion in to some context - I'm female and of  'a certain age' and most certainly a light sleeper, too. If there had been any noise I would have heard it. And I don't wake up terribly early in the morning so it wasn't a problem at that end of the day, either! I do hope you enjoy your trip.

You sound exactly like me, thankyou for posting, I appreciate your replies.😁

• Like 1