Advantage Upgrade Question

madams77

I recently received an invite to bid on a cabin upgrade. I am interested in upgrading to the Haven on the Encore.  I did a mock booking, which shows that the Haven Spa Balcony is sold out.  However, when I go through the Advantage invitation link, it allowed me to enter a strong bid on the Haven Spa Balcony cabin.  Our cruise is not til June, so I suppose I could wait it out for a bit.  Has anyone has this experience?

6 minutes ago, madams77 said:

I recently received an invite to bid on a cabin upgrade. I am interested in upgrading to the Haven on the Encore.  I did a mock booking, which shows that the Haven Spa Balcony is sold out.  However, when I go through the Advantage invitation link, it allowed me to enter a strong bid on the Haven Spa Balcony cabin.  Our cruise is not til June, so I suppose I could wait it out for a bit.  Has anyone has this experience?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2559083-what-was-your-upgrade-offer-and-what-did-you-bid/

Click on the above link and read lots of conversations on this subject!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, madams77 said:

It may be sold out today however those in Haven Spa may bid and win or there could be cancellations thus opening up that stateroom down the road. 

Edited by esm54687

23 minutes ago, madams77 said:

I recently received an invite to bid on a cabin upgrade. I am interested in upgrading to the Haven on the Encore.  I did a mock booking, which shows that the Haven Spa Balcony is sold out.  However, when I go through the Advantage invitation link, it allowed me to enter a strong bid on the Haven Spa Balcony cabin.  Our cruise is not til June, so I suppose I could wait it out for a bit.  Has anyone has this experience?

(1) there are always cancellations. (2) Everyone moves up with upgrades. So, people in Haven Spa rooms can bid on owners suites, etc.