How To Upgrade

Hawkstar33

Are you still able to see what upgrades are available, once you check in at the terminal ??    Or can you only play the bidding move up game, which is offered while managing your reservation after you check in ??

They will generally always say the ship is full and no upgrades available even if it's not.  I haven't heard of anyone getting a paid upgrade at the pier in years.  Those few I have heard upgraded on the ship are at full published price.

The standard ways of upgrading these days after final payment are 1)  Find an upgraded cabin published at a price/perk combination which is at least $1 more than what you have paid.  2) Bid on an upgrade with the MoveUp program.

#1 is the preferred method as you get the Captains Club points of the upgraded cabin, plus you get to select the actual cabin location (unless it's a GTY rate).

Edited by wrk2cruise

I have never upgraded before.   Was given one on Allure one time without asking.   Usually just stick with a 2b veranda, or an occasional concierge.   Current starting bids on the move up are rather high. Might see what happens, once onboard.    

We just made our final payment for our May cruise. I looked on Celebrity website and saw that there was only about $1000 more for a larger suite. I just called my TA, she call Celebrity and we upgraded. In the past we had done this going from a Aqua cabin to a Sky suite.

32 minutes ago, Realblonde474 said:

Is it worth it for two people in a deluxe veranda cabin (regular class) to upgrade to Family Veranda cabin?  

TIA

What ship and how much to upgrade?

In the end - only you can say whether it is worth it for you.  I can say the FV on M class ships - especially the corner ones with HUGE balconies are fabulous.

Also, since the FVs are going away and being converted to Sunset Suites - this may be your last opportunity to see for yourself at FV rates.

Mike

2 minutes ago, mandream said:

What ship and how much to upgrade?

In the end - only you can say whether it is worth it for you.  I can say the FV on M class ships - especially the corner ones with HUGE balconies are fabulous.

Also, since the FVs are going away and being converted to Sunset Suites - this may be your last opportunity to see for yourself at FV rates.

Mike

Sorry...I placed a MOVEUP bid on our upcoming Silhouette cruise..just a few hundred dollars and thank you for the help!

Donna