Thermal Suite Comparisons

funforsun

I have looked and looked and researched for hours but I can't find threads that compare the thermal suites of the various cruise lines. So, I thought I would post this question here because I want to take a longer cruise on HAL, but haven't been on one of these magnificent looking ships before.

I have been in the thermal suites on X and Princess where they are inside without windows. They are both very nice and VERY quite which is one reason why I enjoy them so much. They both had a dry sauna and steam saunas, but X also had a Turkish bath which was WOW hot. Princess didn't have that hot a steam room. They both had aroma therapy steam rooms. Both areas were controlled for people in that the passes that are sold are controlled so that the area isn't packed with people, and I never found them overly crowded. When the weather outside is cool and not suitable for sunbathing, the thermal suites are perfect.

Looking at HAL's website, it seems like this is a feature that they are adding to all their ships, while on the larger ships from Princess and RCCL they are not installing this feature.

So, if someone has a comparison to the other lines thermal suites I would really appreciate your comments.

Can't really do a comparison. But I can give you some additional information.

On the Vista class ships, they were built with the thermo pool already on them. Thus it is very large. There are windows that face the Lido pool but the shades are always drawn on them - so just look at nothing.

On the R and S class ships, the thermo pools are being added. But they are far from a thermo pool - they are just the size of a hot tub - very small. They are in the front of the ship and there are windows. We did not use it on the Ryndam so I can't tell you if the shades are drawn.

Archived