Shore excursions in Bermuda

Steelergirl18

I am attending a cruise on the Explorer of the Seas in June and was wondering about which shore excursions to sign up for. I would like to snorkel and wondered whether is better to go to the snorkel park or sign up for an excursion such as the Restless Native, Ultimate, or Kayak and Snorkel. Thanks! ;)

While we can't give you specific advice, since our first Bermuda cruise won't be until May, we suggest investigating local dive shops. They'll probably have better prices than the cruise line. Just be sure to schedule the local tours on days when you'll be staying in port, so there's no danger of missing the ship.

I recommend Jesse James Cruises for your snorkle trip. They take you to 3 different dive spots, give you a narrative of the island, and the owners of the company, Jimmy and Jill O'Connor, are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. Check out their website at jessejames (dot) bm.

We went to Bermuda on Zenith last Sept. and did Hartley Helmet Dive--which was wonderful and Restless Native Catamarran which was wonderful also. We arranged for each through the ship's excursions and I believe both were almost the same price whether you booked privately or by ship excursion.

Bermuda is such a wonderful place to visit especially on cruise ships we have quite a few times and quite a few years even a few times each year..

SO much is to do there in and out of the water and limestone caves...

Fish are plentiful and they have been building the small protective reef there for years... even when your ship is moored look at the fish near the hull and the ferry ..

Have a great time...

One warning once you arrive in Bermuda you will always come back there...

The lowest airfare I just saw was 39.00$USD Roundtrip...

Next to the NJ AKA NY Giants stadium there is always a billboard showing the Low fares to Bermuda...:eek:

Have a wet and wonderful time.. since you like sea creatures the Dolphns are magnificient and have given birth there a few times at the Fort next to the Navy Pier...:)

So you know conditions are perfect for that there...

Yes they found Bermuda because a ship went off the path instead of landing in Jamestowne Colony (Virginia) it landed there...

All the best.

A AAAAmerican

If you take the bus to Church Bay there's a guy to rent snorkel equipment from that's really inexpensive. The beach is gorgeous as her the reefs and fish. Have a wonderful time. Also check out Crystal Caves--they're pretty awesome. You can take the bus there as well. And if you go to Horseshoe Bay, walk east along the shore and you can find private coves and hidden spots, it's a lot of fun.

Archived