My upgrade offer just came in...

BermudaBound2014

2 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I hear you about the TA's not selling MSC. My top two preferred agencies absolutely, positively refuse.  There is a site that allows agencies to compete for your cruise business. See if that helps.

I tried that site I got my best deal booking straight with msc.im not in yacht club though and that was last year.i may try it myself.i have 3 months to final payment.

On 3/1/2020 at 5:47 PM, BermudaBound2014 said:

This exact question has been up for discussion. I believe that any upgrade offer to a YC cabin will include all YC amenities. I've sailed in YC, and once you get through the doors of the general YC area it's game on.,I can't see MSC withholding amenities.  This has been confirmed by several passengers.

It has also been reported that upgrades outside of YC (bella to fantastica, or bella to aurora, etc..) do NOT come with the amenities. I can believe this because it would be much easier to monitor, but there have been people reporting that even in this case, the amenities came with the upgrade. 

It is clear from MSC's written policy that the experience is not upgrades even though the cabin might be. I think this is an area where policy doesn't match what happens on the ship.

We did a bid offer from an aft balcony Fantastica to a YC interior on Meraviglia which was accepted. We read everything we could and felt confident that we would receive all the amenities for YC through the ship. We sailed on 2/9/20. We did receive all the amenities in the YC area-restaurant, drinks etc. We did not get the YC drink package throughout the ship because we had not bought a drink package with our original booking. We also did not get the Voyager points for YC and only received points for a fantastica balcony. We were still pleased with our cruise and enjoyed it immensely. Hope this helps answer some of the questions about bidding on YC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1