Lunch and rum punch with Dennis at Dennis Hideaway in Mayreau

Ski Mom 2

We have just returned from a Wind Surf Cruise where we had 2 stops in Mayreau and we’re so lucky to have met Dennis at Dennis Hideaway. On our first stop, after our beach bbq, we wandered over to Dennis Hideaway for a beer and a rum punch. What we got was so much more...we found a new friend. We hung out and learned about his life, his loves, his business and his love for his island. The fish stew he served to his friend looked so delicious my DH asked him if he would make it for him on our next visit and he agreed. We got back on board but knew we would see him again in just a few short days. (We were on a back2back Cruise)

A few days later we were back for our second beach bbq through our cruise but we already knew we’d be skipping the bbq and heading to Dennis Hideaway for our lunch. Our table was set and waiting for us when we arrived and the rum punch started to flow (and he makes a killer rum punch!). My DH had the fish stew that he continues to rave about. I’m not a fish girl so he made me some yummy chicken and chips. Ronice was there that day to help him out and she was delightful. We met the local priest and enjoyed learning about his life on the island. Our time sped by and after we paid our bill Dennis bought us one more round of beer. And before we knew it, the last tender was waiting for us and we said our goodbyes and ran. (We were the last two on the last tender but they knew we were coming 😉)

Anyway, we had a wonderful time, the food was great, the rum punch strong and the company one of the best! Go see Dennis if you’re in Mayreau!

316F33BA-5188-4E2A-8105-D1972BC9126A.jpeg