Anyone who had their final payment date pushed back...

Hllb

1 hour ago, ocngypz said:

Just received final payment reminder from Celebrity for my family sailing June 12th on Constellation.  No change in final payment date.

Completely off topic, but I just wanted to say hi ocngypz. I haven’t been spending much time on X boards, but it’s great to see a fellow old time poster! I have always enjoyed your informative, sensible posts over the years. Hope all is well with you! 

51 minutes ago, richsea said:

Completely off topic, but I just wanted to say hi ocngypz. I haven’t been spending much time on X boards, but it’s great to see a fellow old time poster! I have always enjoyed your informative, sensible posts over the years. Hope all is well with you! 

Ditto!  😊

22 hours ago, Love2cruise77 said:
  • In order to enhance our guestscruising experience, we are pleased to advise our current penalty schedule will be adjusted to allow flexibility leading up to final payment.
  • Currently our penalty schedule requires final payment at 90 days prior to sailing. The updated penalty schedule, will now permit final payment date at 60 days prior to sailing for both refundable and non-refundable deposits.
  • Our new penalty schedule effective February 28, 2020 is being enhanced to allow even more time for our guests to fully commit to their upcoming cruise vacation.
  • Guests who have obtained travel protection with Celebrity Cruises will continue to receive the same benefits and coverage. Those guests who purchased travel protection independently, will need to contact their coverage provider.
  • New Penalty Schedule effective on February 28, 2020 through March 13, 2020 and applicable for European sailings departing May 1, 2020 through June 6, 2020. North America Bookings Only (US, Canada, Puerto Rico), cancelling between 2/29/20 through 3/13/20, FIT and Groups Bookings.image.png.53ca30fd9343d02400f15371f4e20b4f.pngimage.png.b86ffe341fc190205b44d09a97443adf.png

Thank you for posting this information. I am taking 6 seniors from the family for a supposely nice and relaxing cruise but they are now really concern about the virus outbreak. 

I called celebrity yesterday and they confirmed I can get full refund on my 5/20 sailing but will need to cancel thru. my agent. 

I called the agent this morning and she, as well as her celebrity agent on the line both are not aware of this new policy. They said becuase I already paid in full I would not able to get full refund. 

I emailed them the link to this poster and my agent called me back saying she is now able to process it with celebrity. 

I also booked my air thru. Celebrity and that's not refundable. They said they can keep the credit for one year. 

Now i am crossing my fingers until I get the money back in my credit card. 

Hope this information help anyone else wanting to cancel their trip. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, rainie99 said:

Thank you for posting this information. I am taking 6 seniors from the family for a supposely nice and relaxing cruise but they are now really concern about the virus outbreak. 

I called celebrity yesterday and they confirmed I can get full refund on my 5/20 sailing but will need to cancel thru. my agent. 

I called the agent this morning and she, as well as her celebrity agent on the line both are not aware of this new policy. They said becuase I already paid in full I would not able to get full refund. 

I emailed them the link to this poster and my agent called me back saying she is now able to process it with celebrity. 

I also booked my air thru. Celebrity and that's not refundable. They said they can keep the credit for one year. 

Glad they got that figured out for you! The credits typically take a while - though I noticed Celebrity was faster than RCI and Carnival. I think it showed up (not related to this outbreak, but one I cancelled last year) within 3 days.

On 3/3/2020 at 5:56 PM, MisterMet said:

I called to see if our final payment date of 3/24 for our Constellation cruise on 6/22 out of Venice would be pushed back and it was, but it does not reflect anywhere on my reservation.  I have nothing in writing to confirm this either, but the posts on this thread make me feel better🙂

Update: 3/4/20 6:40 PM EST 

Customer Outreach Department has stated that there is NO final payment push back date or extension on cruises past 6/6 YET.  Customer Outreach Department has recommended that you check in the day BEFORE your final payment date to see if your payment date has been pushed back if you have not be notified prior to then.  Currently extensions apply to the above mentioned May 1 to June 6 Mediterranean sailings.

15 hours ago, stipmom said:

Please see post 25

Do I have  to cancel by March 13 in order to not have a penalty even though final payment is not due to March 31?

thanks

If your final payment isn’t due til the 31st you shouldn’t  be penalized if you cancel before then.

1 hour ago, MisterMet said:

If your final payment isn’t due til the 31st you shouldn’t  be penalized if you cancel before then.

Unless you have a non refundable deposit.  In that case, I think you lose $100 per person, and the rest of the deposit goes to a future cruise credit.  

My bookings are also with a TA who gives me a final payment date in advance of the Official Celebrity dates.  I believe they do this just to give themselves some breathing room in processing the payments before the real date...So, my assumption is that this added period is negotiable and does not trigger the cruise line's penalties...

For my July 5 and 12 cruises, my TA has given me March 27 and April 3 as the dates...

My thinking, at present, is that I stand ready, willing and able to take these cruises...so, I also stand ready to submit my final payment.  I will NOT cancel the cruises.  I will be in full compliance with my contractual obligations.  Of course, whether or not the cruise sails as planned is not within my control.  At that point, it is up to Celebrity to either follow through with the cruise...or to notify me as to any changes.  Under their contract, of course, they can make minor changes to the itinerary--So, for example, they might say, since the affected area is Veneto and Lombardy, that they are going to head slightly south instead and end the cruise--and begin the next one--in Bari...I'd say, okay, and go anyway... BUT, if they drastically changed it--like didn't send the ship to Europe at all and replaced it with two Caribbean cruises, I don't think any of their disclaimers would stand a challenge in court...and, therefore, I don't think they could charge me ANY change fee or forfeited deposit.  They would be in breach, not me.

Or, when they announce a revised schedule, I will take a good look at it and either go with the new itinerary--or renegotiate a different cruise.

But, for now, especially up to that final payment date, I think it's wait and see...Things might change...Everything could get worse and more possible itineraries may be out the window...OR...things could improve...They could get things under control, at least in Italy, and everything may be a go...Or, they could decide to go through with the cruise with minor changes, if at all...They could delay that final payment like they've done with these earlier cruises--but, at some point, they need to tell us if the itineraries are happening or not.  Until then, it's hard to know what to do...if anything...

• Like 1

On 3/4/2020 at 1:48 PM, rainie99 said:

Thanks for this. We have already paid in full for out May 18 & 28 Reflection cruises so waiting to hear back from TA on options at this point. Booked air through celebrity.