Is there any truth to this article on TMZ?

Tom.Terrific

Saw this article on TMZ.com and thought it sounded great since we have 2 cruises with Carnival coming up this summer.

I'm not familiar with this source, and since it's an "exclusive" I wouldn't know how to verify the validity of the article.

I haven't heard John Heald say anything about this.  It's not mentioned in the "Travel Advisory" at Carnival.com

Anyone?

Thanks,

https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/01/carnival-cruise-line-full-refunds-credit-coronavirus-patients/

There is an article here on CC that was posted earlier today with each cruise lines current status on policies and cancellations - the Carnival section mentions nothing about the type of considerations listed in the TMZ article:    

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5016/

TMZ sometimes appears as a sketchy or questionable source due to the types of stories they report but, generally, they do get the story right. I just don't know where they got that information on Carnival, especially in the absence of any other publicly available stories to back it up.

Edited by joepeka

4 minutes ago, joepeka said:

TMZ sometimes appears as a sketchy or questionable source due to the types of stories they report but, generally, they do get the story right. I just don't know where they got that information on Carnival, especially in the absence of any other publicly available stories to back it up.

I agree. It's freaky how accurate they can be before anyone else has the story.

• Like 1

I guess the answer to is there any truth to this is "a little".  

The response I got from Carnival.  

"The coronavirus story on TMZ is misleading and inaccurate as it does not adequately convey Carnival Cruise Line’s policies and response, which follow guidelines established by medical experts including the CDC and World Health Organization, as well as the Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA). We have requested that TMZ correct their story. Carnival Cruise Line is operating its normal itineraries in North America and Australia. Since the travel restrictions have gone into place, all of Carnival Cruise Line’s ships have been cleared to sail multiple times without incident (we have not cancelled any voyages). Protecting the health and safety of our guests and crew is our top priority. We are closely monitoring the evolving situation with respect to Coronavirus. Our medical experts are coordinating with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) and have implemented enhanced screening, prevention and control measures for our ships, guests and crew. All booked guests who have traveled to/from or through China, Hong Kong, Iran, Macau and South Korea in the 14 days prior to their departure will not be allowed to sail. We also have added screening measures at our terminals to identify public health risks related to COVID-19. If a guest meets the criteria that prohibits them from sailing we provide a refund. While we tried to get TMZ to understand our policies, the story that was posted did not reflect the facts. "

• Thanks 1