Dress code for adults and children- remind me

Vampiress88

For the adults this is black tie and evening casual? Right

this to me means a dress on black tie, obviously hubby is in a suit,he will leave his dress at home 🤣

evening casual to me means what I’d wear to the pub so heels,  nice top etc. I cannot for the life of me remember what hubby wore and I don’t generally take photos of his so cant even look at that. Are jeans acceptable? I assume he will wear his normal shirts, they are blue,yellow or red usually checked. As you can tell we don’t go out often. 

The kids. 

I know that p&o say they don’t have to be in black tie but is it preferably to people for them to be in pretty dresses. Got lots of summer dresses but not so many what I’d call party dresses. My eldest grows rapidly.

for nights they aren’t in dresses nice top and trousers? 

Might have ace to see what pictures I have for ideas. I’m sure I probably asked the same last year too but can’t remember 

other posts are making me a little black cloud so I need something to focus on and with 30 days to pack I like to be organised 

13 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I don't think you can wear jeans in the MDR on a casual nights.

They used to be banned but recently I've seen loads of manly younger men wearing them.

Decent ones, not with rips and your behind hanging out!😦😁

Edited by happy v

Dark jeans are allowed, here's a link to the P&O website

https://www.pocruises.com/what-to-wear

BTW Dress code for younger guests

Dress codes for little ones

For children aged 17 years and under, the dress code in the evening is Evening Casual, regardless of the adult dress code (but they are welcome to dress to impress too!). We do ask for no denim on Black Tie nights please.

Edited by peteukmcr

23 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Dark jeans are allowed, here's a link to the P&O website

https://www.pocruises.com/what-to-wear

BTW Dress code for younger guests

Dress codes for little ones

For children aged 17 years and under, the dress code in the evening is Evening Casual, regardless of the adult dress code (but they are welcome to dress to impress too!). We do ask for no denim on Black Tie nights please.

Ive read the website. Don’t think he has dark jeans. 

The pictures don’t help. 

7F591145-B193-4107-8C96-846C40BCA913.thumb.png.9b3f28fad109e2ba8dd30ea70fbe6aee.png

dont think at 31 he will be wearing as suggested. 

30 minutes ago, happy v said:

They used to be banned but recently I've seen loads of manly younger men wearing them.

Decent ones, not with rips and your behind hanging out!😦😁

That's why I was mistaken. However I've never seen any. That could be because we sail on Aurora or Arcadia and the older gents, mine included, tend to wear trousers instead of jeans on an evening. 

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

That's why I was mistaken. However I've never seen any. That could be because we sail on Aurora or Arcadia and the older gents, mine included, tend to wear trousers instead of jeans on an evening. 

I wear trousers too, and all my casual outfits are planned around those (at least 3 pairs) but do have a pair of dark jeans if I fancy being totally casual. 

2 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

The pictures don’t help. 

7F591145-B193-4107-8C96-846C40BCA913.thumb.png.9b3f28fad109e2ba8dd30ea70fbe6aee.png

I’m confused, why don’t the pictures help? Dark jeans (surely easily obtainable) or chinos and a shirt will be fine. 

Vampiress: "evening casual to me means what I’d wear to the pub "

From P&O website:

"For Evening Casual nights, dress as you would for dinner in a nice restaurant; smart dark denim or trousers and a nice top, open-neck shirts, skirts and dresses "

Perhaps personal interpretation but I don't equate "nice restaurant" with "pub".   So no, I personally definitely wouldn't dress as if I were going to the pub.  I would dress as if I were going to say a London restaurant.   Generally I wear smart chinos of varying colours and smart evening shirts and a smart pair of suede derby shoes or brogues.

Most ladies wear nice dresses or smart 2-piece outfits,  or any mix of smart trousers and tops with various accessories.

8 hours ago, KnowTheScore said:

From P&O website:

"For Evening Casual nights, dress as you would for dinner in a nice restaurant; smart dark denim or trousers and a nice top, open-neck shirts, skirts and dresses "

Perhaps personal interpretation but I don't equate "nice restaurant" with "pub".   So no, I personally definitely wouldn't dress as if I were going to the pub.  I would dress as if I were going to say a London restaurant.   Generally I wear smart chinos of varying colours and smart evening shirts and a smart pair of suede derby shoes or brogues.

Most ladies wear nice dresses or smart 2-piece outfits,  or any mix of smart trousers and tops with various accessories.

I agree with you once again KTS. Amazing😆😉. I honestly think though that this confusion is because over time the whole concept of 'casual' has changed. I'm 73, and can remember Dad never went anywhere without a tie (except bed of course 😆) Fashions and styles change. Shorts were for the beach, not anymore. 

14 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

The pictures don’t help. 

I sometimes wear beige jeans.  Pretty much same colour as the chinos in the picture.  Never been a problem.

15 hours ago, peteukmcr said:

I’m confused, why don’t the pictures help? Dark jeans (surely easily obtainable) or chinos and a shirt will be fine. 

Maybe im just thick but I’m assuming that chinos are those beige trousers?

the photos don’t help as they aren’t really for our generation. We are 31. 

14 hours ago, KnowTheScore said:

From P&O website:

Ive got his some shoes instead of trainers if that helps. Although his collection of trainers are more vast than my shoes are. 

Im wearing a dress for the formal evening. I can’t wear dresses on the casual ones too. Simply do not have the legs for it. To me black trousers nice top and heeled boots (don’t usually do heels at all!) is what I would assume is casual. 

Is it worth buying kids party dresses or not for the cruise?

4 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I sometimes wear beige jeans.  Pretty much same colour as the chinos in the picture.  Never been a problem.

I'll take notice on the cruise this time. I can't say it's anything I've seen, but then again the days are long gone when I used to notice men's rears😉.

• Haha 1

Ive got his some shoes instead of trainers if that helps. Although his collection of trainers are more vast than my shoes are. 

Im wearing a dress for the formal evening. I can’t wear dresses on the casual ones too. Simply do not have the legs for it. To me black trousers nice top and heeled boots (don’t usually do heels at all!) is what I would assume is casual. 

Is it worth buying kids party dresses or not for the cruise?

For formal nights we insist that our son (9) wears a collared shirt and long trousers. The rest of the cruise he wears t-shirt and shorts, even in the MDR. His collared shirts are either polo shirts or if we can actually get him to wear a normal (buttoned) shirt it will be short sleeved and likely to have animals somewhere on it!

Don't fret about your daughters, if you want to dress them up that's fine but equally they can wear whatever makes them happy (bar swimming costumes!).

This is a pretty old photo, I think son's shirt has got flamingos and various other exotic birds on it.

IMG_3116.JPG

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 5

He’s a cutie! 
love the shirt. Am going to get the girls some dresses. They like dressing up. Although my youngest wants to be moana. Not sure that will fit with p&o. 

now just me and hubby to sort. 

I think if your daughter wants to be Moana, and you have the costume, let her. Children should enjoy life and anything which isn't harming anyone should be accepted.

p.s. can you tell my granddaughter spends most of her free time as Elsa! 😄

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, happy v said:

I think if your daughter wants to be Moana, and you have the costume, let her. Children should enjoy life and anything which isn't harming anyone should be accepted.

p.s. can you tell my granddaughter spends most of her free time as Elsa! 😄

She’s going to school as moana for world book day and my eldest is belle. As you can understand this is why we have Disney world booked in May. They have my love of books and Disney films. 

We also have an Elsa dress. It’s getting too small now we have had it years so in July school will be having it when they move up in years. 

If she’s in a costume she might also sing. Which is cute but probably annoy a lot of folks. 

last year my two tried to copy the dancers in the atrium. Was beautiful but littlest has two left feet. 

Keeping my fingers crossed for this holiday as it would be a shame not to be on it

• Like 2

There is nothing nicer to see than happy children enjoying themselves. It's one of life's  greatest pleasures. I'm fortunate now to have it again with my two great- grandchildren. Vampiress88,  don't worry about dressing them up too much. Let them have fun. Elsa, Belle and Moana will be much better dressed than some.

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

There is nothing nicer to see than happy children enjoying themselves. It's one of life's  greatest pleasures. I'm fortunate now to have it again with my two great- grandchildren. Vampiress88,  don't worry about dressing them up too much. Let them have fun. Elsa, Belle and Moana will be much better dressed than some.

Have to agree we dont have any children and DH prefers adult only cruises but I love to see the primary age children happy and enjoying the music and dancing, trouble is being a lady of a certain age it tends to make me a bit weepy but they're happy tears. Enjoy your cruise and family time 😍👍

• Like 1