Anyone received money from their cruise cancellations with NCL?

gagaliya

Just want to take a pulse to see if anyone actually received money from NCL for the cancelled cruise.  We booked a cruise with NCL but have 2 people with chinese passports (they been in the us for 15+ years and haven't travelled to asia recently ), but according to the new NCL policy at the time all chinese passport passengers will be denied boarding.  So we contacted NCL, they said sorry and agreed to cancel and send us a full refund, in 5-7 business days. 

That was almost 40 days ago...  

We have yet to receive the refund other than the taxes that were paid (NCL still owes us $5k+).   Every time we called, we were told there is a backlog and it will be processed soon

I am trying to see if anyone has actually received refunds for cancelled trips NCL agreed to refund.  I am worried NCL might just be stalling on the refund, and is having cash problems given how leveraged up the balance sheet and dependency on deposits to fund future operations. 

Thank you

Edited by gagaliya
  • Like 1

ok thank you, have never done a refund before for cruises.  If we were told initially it takes 6 weeks for refund i would be ok, but we were told it's 5-7 business days by a manager no less. That's what got me worried,  guess just keep waiting then.  

3 minutes ago, gagaliya said:

ok thank you, have never done a refund before for cruises.  If we were told initially it takes 6 weeks for refund i would be ok, but we were told it's 5-7 business days by a manager no less. That's what got me worried,  guess just keep waiting then.  

Yea, it doesn't always take this long unless it's a major event like the current Corona stuff or a cancelled sailing where you have a lot of folks who are affected.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gagaliya said:

If you paid by credit card, there is a distinct possibility that the credit will just appear in your account without notice.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, julig22 said:

If you paid by credit card, there is a distinct possibility that the credit will just appear in your account without notice.

My cruise was cancelled last year because of a Hurricane and my refund was processed in about 20 business days. They refunded the money back to my card that was used for purchase. 

17 hours ago, gagaliya said:

Just want to take a pulse to see if anyone actually received money from NCL for the cancelled cruise.  We booked a cruise with NCL but have 2 people with chinese passports (they been in the us for 15+ years and haven't travelled to asia recently ), but according to the new NCL policy at the time all chinese passport passengers will be denied boarding.  So we contacted NCL, they said sorry and agreed to cancel and send us a full refund, in 5-7 business days. 

That was almost 40 days ago...  

We have yet to receive the refund other than the taxes that were paid (NCL still owes us $5k+).   Every time we called, we were told there is a backlog and it will be processed soon

I am trying to see if anyone has actually received refunds for cancelled trips NCL agreed to refund.  I am worried NCL might just be stalling on the refund, and is having cash problems given how leveraged up the balance sheet and dependency on deposits to fund future operations. 

Thank you

I might be misunderstanding but it seems that only the 2 people with Chinese passports would have been eligible for full refund. Maybe I am missing something? Have the 2 Chinese passport holders received their refund?

If NCL has to cut a check it's going to take about 3 months.  We were on the abbreviated TA on Getaway last April-May.  We got our 25% off & our daily charges credited to my credit card in a day or so but claims we made for hotel stays we didn't get till mid-August.  Someone here on CC posted that they had talked to someone in the NCL hierarchy & found out they have ONE person at NCL HQ in Miami processing these types of refunds.  So if your refund involves NCL sending you a check be prepared for a LONG wait.  Good news, though, you WILL get it...