Picking up messages onboard

realnurse2

17 hours ago, realnurse2 said:

Does anyone know if you can pick up messages to your stateroom from a house phone rather than going all the way to your stateroom?  I plan on leaving cell phone off during my cruise. Thanks.

Cell phone in flight modus: HAL Navigator installed (now or after embarkation) allows for messages sent to your roomnumber/name by other passengers or roommates.  As far as I know and experienced you will not receive the messages left on your stateroom telephone.

13 hours ago, MAVIP said:

Cell phone in flight modus: HAL Navigator installed (now or after embarkation) allows for messages sent to your roomnumber/name by other passengers or roommates.  As far as I know and experienced you will not receive the messages left on your stateroom telephone.

Put your cell phone in flight/airplane mode, but then you must also turn on the wifi functionality for navigator to work.  You won't be using any cell data (which is why you put it in airplane mode), but your phone's wifi radio can communicate with the ship's wifi network to allow the Navigator app to work.