Belize tender question please

TravelBug2A

Hello, 

We are thinking of booking an itinerary that includes Belize. Carnival access said that once on board we can go to the shore excursions desk to see if Belize has a wheelchair accessible (rolling access) tender. The lady couldn't confirm if Belize did or not. My daughter is in a custom manual wheelchair that doesn't fold. I can carry her on to the tender if need be and someone can place her w/c on. I know its dependable on the conditions, captains decision, etc, etc. I just want to know if anyone has had experience with tenders in Belize and if conditions are excellent do we have a chance? If we don't, I won't book that itinerary. 

Thank you so much. I appreciate your help. 

I know this isn't an answer, but you may or may not be able get on the tender.   There is limited availability of accessible tenders in Belize.  Have you checked directly with Carnival's Access Department (not their main call center)?   If not, their contact information is  1-800-438-6744 ext.70025 or email access@carnival.com     

Also, take a look at Carnival's information:

https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/special-needs/wheelchair-users.aspx

If it's a must to get off at each port, you may want to look at itineraries that do not require a tender.   

10 minutes ago, kokopelli-az said:

I know this isn't an answer, but you may or may not be able get on the tender.   There is limited availability of accessible tenders in Belize.  Have you checked directly with Carnival's Access Department (not their main call center)?   If not, their contact information is  1-800-438-6744 ext.70025 or email access@carnival.com     

Also, take a look at Carnival's information:

https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/special-needs/wheelchair-users.aspx

If it's a must to get off at each port, you may want to look at itineraries that do not require a tender.   

Thank you but like you said this isn't an answer to my question as  I mentioned I called and spoke with the lady in Carnival access dept (I left the word dept out). Familiar with the info link already as we have been cruising Carnival for a while :). We do book our itineraries so we don't have a tender port but we would like to visit Belize and it happens to be a tender port and I know some ports have wheelchair accessible tenders so thought I would ask. So thank you for the info on that there are accessible tenders in Belize as that is encouraging 🙂 🙂 🙂 It would of been nice if Carnival Access dept could of told me that. 🙂 Thank you again - I do appreciate your response. 

Likewise, this does not answer your question, however on at least one trip, maybe two, the port's tenders were used and they carried our scooters on and off for us. I'm reluctant to make any positive statements, regardless, recently I've noticed that the cruise lines are sort of going back to putting small (light weight) mobility devices on tenders if the person is able to walk on. In that aspect, they do not commit themselves until everything else (weather, ocean condition) is doable.

• 1 month later...

When we sailed on Carnival Magic in May 2017 we stopped at Belize.  Hubby uses a GoGo scooter and was able to go ashore as the tender was a double deck with a ramp and the seas were accommodating.  On Carnival they announce which deck for ADA tender if it is available.   The tender for Princess Cays is also a double deck tender. 

Edited by dmndlil
add info