My "temp" is good what about yours?

While I commend Royal Caribbeans new measures for taking the temperatures of all passengers before getting on the ship,

I just want to say something about my recent Feb. 28th cruise on Mariner of the Seas.

When we docked at Coco Cay the Navigator was also there. After our return back on the ship at we headed up to the Windjammer

for a snack. We overheard one worker telling the other that he had to get back on over to the Navigator and that he would see them soon.

There is also a You Tuber who works on Oasis ( i believe) who has posted a video of himself on March 6th hanging out at the beach on Coco Cay 

with an employee of Navigator who was also docked there.

So, my comment is that it seems that cross contamination by employees from ship to ship is a real (if slight) possibility.

If the sickness can be brought on the ship by passengers, isn't there also a chance of cross contamination from employees going from one ship

to the other?  And wouldn't  it be prudent at this time to maybe curtail  ship to ship socialization? 

This is just a thought on my part, Our cruise was lovely, we did not get sick, in fact, other than  passengers with hangovers I did not see anyone who looked 

even remotely ill. Everyone looked healthy and happy to be there.

We are cruising again in April. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, queenfrostine22 said:

While I commend Royal Caribbeans new measures for taking the temperatures of all passengers before getting on the ship,

I just want to say something about my recent Feb. 28th cruise on Mariner of the Seas.

When we docked at Coco Cay the Navigator was also there. After our return back on the ship at we headed up to the Windjammer

for a snack. We overheard one worker telling the other that he had to get back on over to the Navigator and that he would see them soon.

There is also a You Tuber who works on Oasis ( i believe) who has posted a video of himself on March 6th hanging out at the beach on Coco Cay 

So, my comment is that it seems that cross contamination by employees from ship to ship is a real (if slight) possibility.

If the sickness can be brought on the ship by passengers, isn't there also a chance of cross contamination from employees going from one ship

to the other?  And wouldn't  it be prudent at this time to maybe curtail  ship to ship socialization? 

This is just a thought on my part, Our cruise was lovely, we did not get sick, in fact, other than  passengers with hangovers I did not see anyone who looked 

Transfers happen all the time, thousands passengers boarding every few days is bigger issue, not to mention S2S B2B. Be careful when singleing out one group, the Crew....

2 hours ago, queenfrostine22 said:

Both groups of passengers were mingling together all day on the Island.  Seems to me that if there was a possibility of cross contamination, it would be from the passengers, not the crew.

Comedians and other headliner show acts are constantly switching ships. On an island you can get on a tour bus with people from other ships. I don't think it is possible to contain this. 

• Like 1