Cruise cancelled

Costa cruizie

I got a call last night from Pietro in Italy for Costa Cruises cancelling my cruise.  It's now Monday morning and I will need to leave to go to the airport to catch my scheduled flight to Singapore. My problem is that I have not received any formal notification of the cancellation and the website says nothing about it. I feel that I need an sms message, email, travel agent input, or something to corroborate the phone call in case it was a hoax call. Where do I stand if I miss my flight and then find that things have not been formally cancelled?

5 hours ago, Costa cruizie said:

I got a call last night from Pietro in Italy for Costa Cruises cancelling my cruise.  It's now Monday morning and I will need to leave to go to the airport to catch my scheduled flight to Singapore. My problem is that I have not received any formal notification of the cancellation and the website says nothing about it. I feel that I need an sms message, email, travel agent input, or something to corroborate the phone call in case it was a hoax call. Where do I stand if I miss my flight and then find that things have not been formally cancelled?

If it's the Costa Fortuna from Singapore, it's definitely cancelled. They just called me and I have received the e-mail. Don't fly! The e-mail will come.

• 2 weeks later...

Updates on boarding, disembarking and cancellations

Last update: March 17.

Costa Smeralda

Cruises departing on March 14, 21 and 28 are canceled. The ship will resume on April 4 from Savona.

Costa Diadema

Cruises departing on March 14 will be cancelled. The ship will resume on April 5 from Savona.

Costa Pacifica

The ship will arrive on March 21 in Marseille and on March 23 in Genoa, where all guests will disembark. Cruises departing March 23, 27 and April 3 will be canceled. The ship will resume on April 4 from Barcelona.

Costa Fascinosa 

Cruises departing on March 14, 17, 20 onward will be cancelled. The ship will resume on May 3 from Genoa.

Costa Favolosa

Cruises departing on March 14, 21, 28 will be cancelled. The ship will resume on April 10 from Savona.

Costa Magica

Cruises departing on March 13 and 20 will be cancelled. The ship will resume on April 3 from Barcelona.

Costa Fortuna

Cruises departing on March 10 and 19 will be cancelled. The ship will resume on April 9 from Savona.

Costa Luminosa

The ship will arrive on March 19 in Marseille where all guests, with the exception of Italian guests, will disembark. Italian guests will disembark on March 19 in Savona. Cruises departing on March 25 will be canceled. The ship will resume on April 5 from Venice.

Costa Victoria

The ship will arrive on March 28 in Venice, or Trieste, based on the operability of the ports. Cruises departing on March 28, 31, April 10 and 14 are cancelled. Operations will resume as scheduled on April 25 in Venice.

Costa Mediterranea

Cruises departing on March 14 will be canceled. The ship will resume on April 10 from Venice.

Costa Deliziosa

Current itineraries will be completed to allow guests to disembark and return home.

So on the 17/3 they announced that the cruise on the 14/3 has been canceled.

On 3/17/2020 at 11:21 PM, drsel said:

I have only 30 days to find a cruise and claim the 30% discount

if I don't reply within 30 days they will automatically give me a full refund

Can you post some sort of written info on this.  My Mom called about her 4/14 cruise that has been cancelled by Costa, and they told her NO refund, FCC Only.  And it has to be used in a year, but they are not doing the Holy Land itinerary next year.