Move up/cruise with confidence query

zanderblue

Looking for input on a question I have...........

we are due on cruise in Caribbean in next few weeks. We have weighed up the situation and as thing stands at present it is our intention to go ahead and join the ship.

also thinking about bidding on move up for an upgrade, which has me wondering about how a successful move up bid might be treated under the cruise with confidence rules. Does anyone know if it would be refunded in cash or as FCC if we decide later to not go?

Im also keen to understand how close to departure I can make a move up offer?

Appreciate any thoughts or experience that folks might want to share. I do know I can call up and ask, but I’m sure Celebrity lines are busy enough as it is.

thanks in advance

We decided to put an offer in 4 weeks ago for move up. We are now considering canceling our cruise. Our offer has not been accepted or denied yet. 

Per my TA if I don’t cancel before my offer is accepted, the additional amount will be charged to my card, and a FCC if we cancel. 

I want to wait and see what happens over the next 3 weeks but I don’t want to eat another $3k if I don’t have to. 

1 hour ago, godawgs227 said:

Got a move up bid acceptance yesterday on the March 15th Silhouette and cancelled the cruise today because of wife's compromised immune system(lupus). 

What did you bid on if you don't mind my asking? I'm wondering whether to bid a MoveUp or try at the pier for Sunday's sailing.

1 hour ago, SusieV said:

What did you bid on if you don't mind my asking? I'm wondering whether to bid a MoveUp or try at the pier for Sunday's sailing.

We bid $50.00 over the minimum on both an oceanview and a veranda and got the veranda. We were in an inside guarantee.

• Like 1