Gifts onboard?

Aim1

Hello all,

My parents sail on Aurora on Wednesday and get back the day after Mother's Day. I was wondering about using the P&O Gift Collection service to maybe get something put into their cabin for Mum on Mothers day, but I'm not sure what sort of gifts are available.

Can anyone give me some kind of an idea? I'm guessing something along the lines of flowers, or maybe a try of fruit/canapes. Is it that sort of thing? Also, if anyone has an idea of prices, that would be really useful as well. I expect there to be a long wait on the phone line due to people amending bookings because of the current C-word situation. I just don't want to spend ages on hold to find that any gift is out of my price range! 

Thank you 🙂

According to P&O website they require 72 hours notice before sailing, see text below. So unfortunately you may be out of time. Mentions possible variation for flowers.

We have a wide range of gifts available on all our ships suitable for all ages, ranging from teddy bears* for the children, to The Unlimited Celebration Package. Please see our gift page for more details. Please note we require a minimum of 72 hours notice prior to the cruise departing to arrange a gift (with the exception of flowers where the notice period may vary).

If a guest receives a bottle of wine or Champagne as a gift and intend to take this to a restaurant, then they should also take the gift card presented with the bottle to avoid being charged a corkage fee.

Ahhhh poop, looks like I’m too late. Thanks very much for the info and links though! My parents cruise about 3-4 times a year so I’m sure I will use this service for another one of their cruises in future!

I think I’ll order some flowers to be delivered once they have returned home 😀

• Like 1

Have you thought of a cake?  We had one for our Golden Wedding Anniversary. They used to make it on the day. So plenty of time. They would put mother's day on it if you like and have it delivered to her on the day either in the cabin or MDR. Give them a ring you never know. 

Avril