Canceled on line yesterday and used FCC

Tommy friend

I canceled our March 26 through carnival.com/ my booking yesterday and received an email confirmation about 30 minutes later. Then today I called Carnival (40 minute hold) and was able to use the future cruise credit for another booking. There was no penalty at all in case someone is wondering. To clarify, when I was ready to cancel it did show I would have a penalty but they did an exception then to apply that penalty amount to new booking. 

When you say “another booking”, was that a new booking or existing?

I am considering canceling my April 13 cruise and have a June cruise already booked. Can the FCC go toward paying off that existing booking?

And am I correct that the order of operation would be:

cancel April booking

fill out reimbursement form

await some notification that the penalty amount was applied to the June booking

There is really no other time we can cruise again before next March 31. It would have been nice if they had given us a full year to cover next year’s spring break time. 

Thanks!

22 minutes ago, momin05 said:

When you say “another booking”, was that a new booking or existing?

I am considering canceling my April 13 cruise and have a June cruise already booked. Can the FCC go toward paying off that existing booking?

And am I correct that the order of operation would be:

cancel April booking

fill out reimbursement form

await some notification that the penalty amount was applied to the June booking

There is really no other time we can cruise again before next March 31. It would have been nice if they had given us a full year to cover next year’s spring break time. 

Thanks!

Also I spent hours yesterday trying to figure out this process and eventually through carnival social media page community forum I received a response from Carnival specifying I could cancel online but would have to call Carnival to get FCC applied to my June cruise. 

Thanks for all the info!  I guess it technically applied to an existing booking then. I have paid off most of the June cruise, but suspended the remaining two payments so there would be a remaining balance. The FCC is more than the remaining balance, but I think the remainder is OBC. 

just hope we get to sail in June!

12 hours ago, Tommy friend said:

Also I spent hours yesterday trying to figure out this process and eventually through carnival social media page community forum I received a response from Carnival specifying I could cancel online but would have to call Carnival to get FCC applied to my June cruise. 

On another thread someone had said that the FCC had to be used for the same Cat. or above.  Was you told anything like this when applying your FCC to your booked cruise or was this not an issue because it was the same Cat.?

12 minutes ago, Castaway Cowgirl said:

When you have a future cruise credit can you see it online?  We are supposed to have one from about 6 months ago.

I was told you have to call. By carnival. 

Edited by Tommy friend
Wrong quote
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, momof3hungryboys said:

On another thread someone had said that the FCC had to be used for the same Cat. or above.  Was you told anything like this when applying your FCC to your booked cruise or was this not an issue because it was the same Cat.?

Same category!

1 hour ago, Castaway Cowgirl said:

When you have a future cruise credit can you see it online?  We are supposed to have one from about 6 months ago.

I could not see mine. But when I called they could pull it up. Probably best to hang on to booking number. 

• Like 1