I don't understand FCC

Peachypooh

My cruise is in May 2020. If I cancel now (March 2020) the certificate is good until next

March 2021? And if I wait until May 2020 it is good until next May 2021 ? Here is what I don't

understand...do I need to book by that time or take a cruise by that time.

For example if my  My FCC expires May 15, 2021 do I need to take my cruise

by then or just book a cruise and take it by December 2022. Sorry for the

question I don't have the time to wait on hold to ask. Thank you!!

From how I understand it, you only need to BOOK the cruise by the one year date.  You have until the end of 2022 to actually take the cruise.

I supposed to be on the Breakaway for the May 1 trip.  I'm going to cancel and take the FCC.

Edited by donnajoedoc
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Peachypooh said:

My cruise is in May 2020. If I cancel now (March 2020) the certificate is good until next

March 2021? And if I wait until May 2020 it is good until next May 2021 ? Here is what I don't

understand...do I need to book by that time or take a cruise by that time.

For example if my  My FCC expires May 15, 2021 do I need to take my cruise

by then or just book a cruise and take it by December 2022. Sorry for the

question I don't have the time to wait on hold to ask. Thank you!!

Unless your cruise is starting within the next 7 you shouldn't even be thinking about this.  People with cruises later (more than 7 days out) are calling to cancel today and holding up the phone lines for people that have cruises much closer to the 48 hour threshold. 

To answer your question though.....the cruise has to be booked one year from the date the credit was issued and sail before the end of 2022

Edited by bbixler18
  • Like 1

I booked my last cruise through Costco and NCL cancelled my itinerary (Asia) and said "as a goodwill gesture, you will receive a future cruise credit worth 10% towards your next cruise." 

Can you use FCC with agents other than NCL?  I assume they can be combined with Cruise Next certificates.

32 minutes ago, pghflyer said:

I booked my last cruise through Costco and NCL cancelled my itinerary (Asia) and said "as a goodwill gesture, you will receive a future cruise credit worth 10% towards your next cruise." 

Can you use FCC with agents other than NCL?  I assume they can be combined with Cruise Next certificates.

I can't speak for Costco, but my TA said give her a call when were are ready to use it.

• Like 1