If I Cancel? Refund vs Credit?

FRMPEI

I am a Canadian Traveller and my question is not about the "Cruise with Confidence" credit I think I understand that one.  But I am interested to know will I be refunded or credited the items I have already paid for on with the Celebrity Cruise Planner in advance of sailing such as Specialty Dining packages, Upgrade from Classic to Premium, and excursions.

I figure if I am to cancel it would probably be best to first arrange and cancel my purchases for refund then cancel my cruise for credit.

Anybody with experience with that they can share. Please no "I think this..."  Thanks!

Regards,

Kevin Reid 

Edited by FRMPEI

Did this last night. Anything cancelled in the cruise planner was refunded to the original form of payment (some to credit cards, some to obc)

Edit to clarify: I cancelled items in cruise planner, I haven't cancelled the cruise yet. So this doesn't really answer your question of what would happen if you cancel the cruise without cancelling in cruise planner first.

Edited by jolinda

1 hour ago, ulster-cruiser said:

anyone know if you cancel and have also booked flights through celebrity do you get these refunded too? Sailing this Sunday on Edge and one of the flights has already been cancelled!

Celebrity Air is refunded less and charges by the airlines. Most airlines are waiving all fees.

The complete info is listed on the Celebrity Website.

About 20% of flights worldwide cancelled or will be shortly. Best if flying to verify and leave yourself plenty of time. Flying in the morning of a cruise might not be a good idea.

Edited by az_tchr
Airlines