CLARIFICATION on the fine lines of FCC - may not be so great

bandp407

To address a comment mentioned a couple of times - when we cancelled our April cruise, we got the $100 from our future cruise deposit, but lost the ability to reuse it (the FCD).  So, the OBC we got with it is gone as well.

• Like 1

With Princess cancelling all cruises for 2 months, and HAL likely to follow, I now wish I had waited to cancel my April cruise.  That way we likely would have at least gotten all of our cash back (without FCC funds).

45 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

To address a comment mentioned a couple of times - when we cancelled our April cruise, we got the $100 from our future cruise deposit, but lost the ability to reuse it (the FCD).  So, the OBC we got with it is gone as well.

That's what I was afraid of. We immediately rebooked a holiday cruise so was hoping they might just transfer as our FCD OBC to the new cruise. Haven't heard back yet but I always knew "nope" was probably the answer. But hey, it doesn't hurt to ask. 

1 hour ago, KidCruze said:
8 hours ago, mrmoviezombie said:

For June sailings they have delayed final payment to 60 days before the cruise. That was only updated in the computers in the last few days.

Where is this info?

At this point, contact your TA to confirm. It was listed in a FAQ to travel agents, but hard to find on the HAL site.

This is the post with the info

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2739890-email-from-orlando-ashford-great-response-to-a-crisis/?do=findComment&comment=59580174

We have confirmed with HAL an April 20th final payment on our June 20th sailing. (And a promise we can still buy the platinum protection before that date, we will cancel if they renege on that)

3 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

With Princess cancelling all cruises for 2 months, and HAL likely to follow, I now wish I had waited to cancel my April cruise.  That way we likely would have at least gotten all of our cash back (without FCC funds).

That's what we're doing, playing the waiting game.  Our flight is 2 weeks from today, cruise is April 2.  Right now I'd rather get the cash back than a future cruise credit. I just wish we'd hear something soon!!

14 hours ago, mrmoviezombie said:

For June sailings they have delayed final payment to 60 days before the cruise. That was only updated in the computers in the last few days.

Unfortunately, We have already issued final payment a few weeks ago. We are at least wanting to get our deposit back as FCC if we cancel, but it does not look like they are going to do that at this time for cruises beyond May 31.