What if CELEBRITY cancels?

Bruin Steve

10 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

There are two alternate sets of risk:

1)  The obvious medical risk--the risk of contracting the virus and either dying or just getting fairly ill and suffering a bit, followed, perhaps, by having to be quarantined, etc...and...

2)  The risk of having ports cancelled because the folks at any particular port are not willing to allow cruise ships, whether their fear is real or perceived and the risk of being quarantined, perhaps if someone on your ship is diagnosed with it...or maybe if just the general perception is that, since no one knows, why take chances...and the risk that even your home country doesn't let you back in...as everyone's policies keep changing almost daily.

Due to that second set of risks, you could remain relatively healthy and still have it turn out to be the cruise from hell.  The closer we get to our final payment date, the more I am being convinced we ought to just cancel and wait...

People die more from the flu than this Coronavirus. My wife and I are in good health and no where near the age of people that unfortunately have passed from this virus. As of now, all the ports we are going to are allowing cruise ships. That could change but as for now, we are planning on sailing out Saturday. 

2 minutes ago, proudfootmb said:

Hmm well if you didn't want to go on the cruise here is a way to get out if it. Many patients over 70 (so do people under 70 but X doesn't care about them) have chronic medical conditions. I wonder if  the trip insurance would pay out for this reason. 

18 minutes ago, proudfootmb said:

With Doctor's as busy as they are with the virus and other issues, how are passengers supposed to get a note by Monday, especially if they already left home for the cruise?