Viking suspends all operations from March 12-April 30

DrJJ

15 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Yes - I fully agree with you and that is what I had always understood.

And that is why I have been somewhat surprised to read on cruise critic several posts whereby people are having their insurance (not cancel for any reason) cover their other costs than the cruise when Viking cancels.   After hearing these,  I thought and hoped perhaps I had missed something.   But yes, each policy is specific but every policy I have examined has the same restrictions on non-payout for terrorism and pandemics.

If Viking cancels, your policy has to cover those other items.  Regardless of why Viking cancels.  If they try and say they won't they're just avoiding the payout and hope that you won't fight them.  Fight them in court if you have to.

Just now, flashfearless said:

If Viking cancels, your policy has to cover those other items.  Regardless of why Viking cancels.  If they try and say they won't they're just avoiding the payout and hope that you won't fight them.  Fight them in court if you have to.

Based on what terms does “your policy (have) to cover those other items”? Are you talking about a policy purchased through Viking, or not? 

8 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Based on what terms does “your policy (have) to cover those other items”? Are you talking about a policy purchased through Viking, or not? 

I'm talking in this case (and my case) a third party policy.  

Just now, flashfearless said:

I'm talking in this case (and my case) a third party policy.  

Thanks for clarifying. So the question is, what specify policy terms under cancellation would cover losses incurred because the cruise line cancelled the cruise?