Vantage River Cruise Switzerland and the Heart of the Rhine

mbuckley3

Does anyone have a review of the Vantage Switzerland and the Heart of the Rhine River cruise and/or optional excursions? In particular the one to the Black Forest and another one to Luxembourg? I’m cruising from Amsterdam to Basel next month, May 2020. Then I am doing the extension in Montreux Switzerland.  Should I visit Lausanne and the Olympic Museum? Any and all advice or input will be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by mbuckley3

I would skip the Black Forest excursion it basically takes you to taste a piece of cake note the great scenery.  Luxembourg was great.  I was not on any of the extensions.  It is a very busy river cruise, the schedule does a lot so get your walking shoes out. It is not for folks with walkers.

• Thanks 1

We took this cruise in the low water fall 2018 season.  Despite missing 5 days of sailing, we enjoyed the cruise.  Vantage has you on the Rhine/Moselle for 14 nights, which few companies do on this route.  They also replaced Frieburg with a stop in Nijmegen.  Having been to both, I think I prefer Nijmegen.

Plan on what you want to do with your free day in Schweich.  I rode a bike back to Trier and really enjoyed myself; the day of our Trier stop was rainy and I had my extra day of exploring under a blue sky.  Not much to the town of Scweich.  You have a full day and night here, so you could plan a private tour to Luxembourg pretty easily.

Hope you get to enjoy your sailing.  The Moselle

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, rdfin said:

I would skip the Black Forest excursion it basically takes you to taste a piece of cake not the great scenery.  Luxembourg was great.  I was not on any of the extensions.  It is a very busy river cruise, the schedule does a lot so get your walking shoes out. It is not for folks with walkers.

• Thanks 1